Because you belong at Twilio
The Who, What, Where and Why
Twilio is growing rapidly and seeking a Technical Support Engineer to join the U.S. Messaging Team, supporting our customers’ use of Twilio’s Programmable Messaging product. This role will function as the voice of Twilio to our customers and partners and operate as a subject matter expert for Twilio’s Programmable Messaging API. In addition, focus on providing friendly, professional customer service, while problem solving and demonstrating a high competency in communicating complex technical issues to both technical and non-technical audiences via phone, email and chat mediums. Advanced time management skills, are able to work well under pressure, and are proficient at developing workflows to remain efficient at tasks while still following standard processes and procedures.
Twilio is looking for a customer service driven individual who demonstrates a high competency in communicating complex technical issues to both technical and non-technical audiences via live chat or email mediums. We seek someone with:
- 4+ years’ experience in a client-facing technical role, preferably in supporting REST API or enterprise software
- A firm understanding of the technology stacks common to the Web ecosystem
- Ability to professionally and diplomatically address customer concerns and provide concise feedback
- A functional knowledge of general purpose programming languages
- Ability to work West Coast PST hours with a Tuesday - Saturday shift
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
- Previous exposure or knowledge of Twilio products.
- Coding experience in any language. (reading and debugging)
- Previous experience with JIRA or similar ticketing system.
As a Messaging Technical Support Engineer you will live the Twilio Magic values:
- WEAR THE CUSTOMER SHOES & RUTHLESSLY PRIORITIZE: Work on a dozen messaging cases submitted by both individual developers and major brands. Some examples include: assisting a customer in tracking down a deliverability issues both outbound and inbound, debugging a customer’s code which is resulting in 400 responses, or perhaps speaking with a customer on the phone to guide them through development of their SMS application.
- EMPOWER OTHERS & BE AN OWNER: Internally, you will be collaborating with your teammates and the Twilio Product and Engineering teams via Slack as well as filing JIRAs to report reproducible bugs, spending time reviewing internal knowledge bases to stay up on industry shifts and standards, and working with your manager to surface customer pain points to assist in process betterment.
The Technical Support team is central to Twilio's continued growth. We work closely with customers of all sizes to solve complex problems. We only succeed at Twilio when our customers succeed. An outstanding customer experience with both our products and our service is an integral part of why customers choose Twilio, and your role is critical in ensuring the success here.
Twilio is a company that is empowering the world’s developers with modern communication in order to build better applications. Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development, and your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed and we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion, and innovation and we want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio.
We employ diverse talent from all over the world and we believe great work can be done anywhere. Around the world, Twilio offers benefits and perks to support the physical, financial, and emotional well being of you and your loved ones. No matter where you are based, you will experience a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; seeks well-rounded talent to ensure a full perspective on our customers’ experience, understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture that empowers everyone to do their best work and be the best version of themselves.
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video and email by virtualizing the world’s communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer’s toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.
In accordance with applicable law, the following represents Twilio's reasonable estimate of the range of possible compensation for this role if hired in Colorado. Please note that this information is provided for those hired in Colorado only, and this role is open to candidates outside of Colorado as well.
Tier 4 base salary range: $74,944 - $103,048
Rest of Colorado:
Tier 5 base salary range: $65,576 - $90,167
Sales Commission: Additionally, this role is eligible to earn commissions and eligible to participate in Twilio's equity plan.
Non Sales: Additionally, this role is eligible to participate in Twilio's equity plan.
An overview of Twilio’s benefits offered is listed below:
Twilio is committed to delivering a comprehensive benefits program that provides support needed for you and your loved ones. It’s likely that you don’t think about benefits every day; however, they are an important component of your total compensation, and we want you to understand the options available to you so that you can make the most of your benefit dollars. At the time of this posting, this role is eligible to participate in the following benefits, which Twilio reserves the right to modify at any time for any reason in accordance with applicable law:
Healthcare Insurance and Leave
- Prescription Drug
- Flexible Spending and Health Savings Accounts
- Leave programs for all of life’s moments: maternity, parental/bonding, as well medical leave to care for yourself or a loved one
- Short and Long Term Disability Insurance
- Life and Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan with a match
Reimbursement Programs & Stipends
- $65 per month work-from-home stipend
- Up to $50 per month for wellness expenses and activities
- Up to $30 per month to use towards books/eBooks