Because you belong at Twilio
The Who, What, Where and Why
Twilio is seeking an operations engineer to help us scale our phone number inventory operations globally! This role will join the team whose primary responsibilities include managing our worldwide phone number inventory. Your focus will be to run daily functions that protect our supply chain of phone numbers, ensure Twilio customers have access to provision phone numbers, and ensure we’re delivering on our critical metrics. This team is a crucial part of Twilio’s Super Network, whose mission is to provide the infrastructure that catalogs, orchestrates, and delivers the world's connectivity!
As an Inventory Operations Engineer II:
- You are a tech- and process-savvy person who loves to build seamless operations that benefit our customers.
- You’re empathetic and love working with customers to solve their problems. You know how to use data (including intermediate SQL) to make metrics-driven decisions.
- You love learning new technology, and you have experience configuring and operating various systems and software tools.
- You're detailed, organised, and process-savvy to the extreme, and you’re able to prioritise and execute multiple projects simultaneously.
- You have a bachelor’s degree.
- You have 3+ years experience working on an operations team.
You will be willing to work on one day on the weekend, for example, SUNDAY - THURSDAY or TUESDAY - SATURDAY.
You will live the Twilio Magic values:
- Be Bold: Ensure that our supply of phone numbers meets customer demand without incurring undue inventory carrying costs; work closely with internal partners and customers to ensure compliance with global phone number regulations.
- Empower Others: Serve as a domain specialist on all things related to phone numbers; ally with the Sales and Support teams to serve our customers in navigating complex questions and projects.
- Draw the Owl: Design and optimise new processes to ensure our customers have an outstanding experience with Twilio.
- Write it Down: Communicates at an intermediate level through data, graphs, and visuals; collaborate with Twilio’s Product and Engineering teams to fix technical problems with our internal tooling and external product offerings.
On the Product Operations team, our primary goal is operating efficiently to ensure our customers have access to purchase and port phone numbers around the globe. We are passionate about operational efficiency to deliver an excellent customer experience. We are a key part of Twilio’s Super Network, whose mission is to provide the infrastructure that catalogs, orchestrates, and delivers the world's connectivity.
Twilio is a company that is empowering the world’s developers with modern communication in order to build better applications. Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development and your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed, and we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We invest in weeks dedicated to tackling hard problems and crafting your own ideas. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion and innovation, and we want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio.
This position will be located in our beautiful and well-designed office at Veerenni 38 in Tallinn, though considering the world’s current circumstances will start as remote from your home in Estonia.
Around the world, Twilio offers great benefits and perks to support the physical, financial, and emotional well being of you and your loved ones. No matter where you are based, you will experience a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; seeks well-rounded talent to ensure a full perspective on our customers’ experience, understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture that empowers everyone to do their best work and be the best version of themselves.
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video and email by virtualizing the world’s communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer’s toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.