Because you belong at Twilio
The Who, What, Why and Where
Twilio is growing rapidly and seeking an experienced Product Manager to manage the infrastructure powering Twilio Conversations. This infrastructure is the backbone for our most important communication products, and its roadmap has an outsize impact on the reliability of many products. Our candidate will be responsible for driving the technical agenda of the team to solve customer pain points. The work will mean analyzing and understanding incidents, providing customer impact analysis, working with engineers to form a scalability strategy, and communicating with other business units about your team’s roadmap and the implications for Twilio. The outcomes of this job will be regularly visible to Directors of Product throughout the company.
We are looking for a customer-focused Product mind, with a strong empathy for the metal running in production. Our candidate lives the Twilio Magic, and they bring with them a demonstrated track record of delivering well-designed technical products. Accordingly, we expect you will have:
- 2+ years of experience as a product manager.
- 3+ years of experience as a backend software engineer in some capacity.
- Strong collaborative skills: you can untangle dependency and ambiguity, creating clarity and a path forward.
- Strong analytical skills: you can critically interrogate your own work and influence others with your arguments.
- Strong writing skills: you to regularly spin up new specifications, strategy documents, or reports from zero. You will need to write both for product and for engineering.
- (Strongly preferred) Past experience managing API products or platform products.
- (Strongly preferred) Past experience with high-scale systems and cloud technologies.
As a Product Manager, you will live the Twilio Magic values:
- WRITE IT DOWN: You will be communicating with other product managers across the globe, you will be writing specifications and composing roadmaps for your teams, and you will be regularly representing your product and your team to upper management.
- DRAW THE OWL & EMPOWER OTHERS: From broad, company-wide mission statements, you will need to work with your colleagues to to build a roadmap that we can execute.
- BE AN OWNER: You will be expected to make formative decisions on what we need to build, and how we should prioritize our energy.
- BE BOLD & EMPOWER OTHERS: You will need to develop a clear point of view and influence the people around you, changing our course if necessary.
Twilio Conversations is putting human-to-human communication on a pedastal. Solid 2-way messaging capabilities are a must. But this team takes a more expansive approach to communication that must include voice, video, and the fundamentals to paint a complete picture of the customer journey. Our roadmap is years long, and has tendrils affecting the success of several other Business Units.
Twilio is a company that is empowering the world’s developers with modern communication in order to build better applications. Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development, and your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed and we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion, and innovation and we want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio.
This position will be located in our beautiful and well-designed office at Veerenni 38 in Tallinn, though considering the world’s current circumstances will start as remote from your home in Estonia.
Around the world, Twilio offers great benefits and perks to support the physical, financial, and emotional well being of you and your loved ones. No matter where you are based, you will experience a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; seeks well-rounded talent to ensure a full perspective on our customers’ experience, understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture that empowers everyone to do their best work and be the best version of themselves.
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video and email by virtualizing the world’s communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer’s toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.