Because you belong at Twilio
The Who, What, Where and Why
Twilio is growing rapidly and seeking a Technical Support Engineer to join the Messaging Team, supporting our customers’ use of Twilio’s Programmable Messaging product. This role will function as the voice of Twilio to our customers and partners and operate as a subject matter expert for Twilio’s Programmable Messaging API. In addition, focus on providing friendly, professional customer service, while problem solving and demonstrating a high proficiency in communicating sophisticated technical issues to both technical and non-technical audiences via phone or email mediums. Advanced time management skills, are able to work well under pressure, and are proficient at developing workflows to remain efficient at tasks while still following standard processes and procedures.
Twilio is looking for a customer service driven individual who demonstrates a high proficiency in communicating sophisticated technical issues to both technical and non-technical audiences via live chat or email mediums. We seek someone with:
- 3+ years’ experience in a client-facing technical role, preferably in supporting REST API or enterprise software
- A firm understanding of the technology stacks common to the Web ecosystem.
- A functional knowledge of general purpose programming languages.
- Strong problem-solving and technical troubleshooting skills
- Conversational, patient and diligent, with a positive demeanour and great ethics
- People person, with a huge desire to help others succeed.
- Ability to professionally and patiently address customer concerns and provide concise feedback.
- Ability to de-escalate tense/tough customer situations in a live environment.
- Excellent reading comprehension, listening, and writing skills.
- Previous exposure or knowledge of Twilio products.
- Coding experience in any language. (reading and debugging)
- Previous experience with JIRA or similar ticketing system.
As a Messaging Technical Support Engineer you will live the Twilio Magic values:
- WEAR THE CUSTOMER SHOES & RUTHLESSLY PRIORITIZE: Work on a dozen messaging cases submitted by both individual developers and major brands. Some examples include: assisting a customer in tracking down a deliverability issues both outbound and inbound, debugging a customer’s code which is resulting in 400 responses, or perhaps speaking with a customer on the phone to guide them through development of their SMS application.
- EMPOWER OTHERS & BE AN OWNER: Internally, you will be collaborating with your teammates and the Twilio Product and Engineering teams via Slack as well as filing JIRAs to report reproducible bugs, spending time reviewing internal knowledge bases to stay up on industry shifts and standards, and working with your manager to surface customer pain points to assist in process improvement.
The Technical Support team is central to Twilio's continued growth. We work closely with customers of all sizes to solve complex problems. We only succeed at Twilio when our customers succeed. An outstanding customer experience with both our products and our service is an integral part of why customers choose Twilio, and your role is critical in ensuring the success here.
Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development and your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed and we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We invest in weeks dedicated to tackling hard problems and creating your own ideas. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion and innovation and we want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio. Come join us.
This position will be located in our office on Castlereagh Street in Sydney or Elizabeth Street in Melbourne. What you will also get to experience is a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; that strives to balance work and home life, that understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture where everyone is able to do and be the best version of themselves. We seek people who naturally demonstrate our values, who are challenged by problems, empower others to thrive, people who can draw the owl and not be beholden to one playbook.
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video and email by virtualizing the world’s communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer's toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.