Because you belong at Twilio.
The Who, What, Why and Where
Twilio is growing rapidly and seeking a Financial Business Operations Project Manager to drive Finance organization’s initiatives. You will be working alongside Finance and cross-functional team managers to identify dependencies and risks, resolve blockers, communicate status to all levels of the business and champion Twilio’s project management best practices. This is a critical position to help Twilio’s Finance, Accounting and other functions scale for the future within Twilio’s fast-paced, high-growth environment.
Twilio is looking for a project management professional who lives the Twilio Magic and has a demonstrated track record of project management and process improvement. They also have:
- 5+ years of project management experience with a Bachelor’s degree in business, management, engineering, related discipline or equivalent experience required; advanced degree strongly preferred.
- PMP, MPM, BPM or other similar project management or business process improvement certifications; Finance or Accounting experience preferred.
- Deep project management skills. Must be able to effectively plan, organize and drive projects to completion, including cross-functional teams over whom you do not have direct authority.
- Expertise at prioritizing and executing multiple projects simultaneously and keeping others on track. You’re thorough and organized to the extreme.
- Ability to create long- and short-term plans, including setting targets for milestones, adhering to deadlines and allocating resources; ability to Identify and manage potential risks and liabilities of multiple projects.
- Excellent communication skills, able to communicate clearly and succinctly in writing, presentations and verbally to multiple levels within the organization.
As a Project Manager, you will live the Twilio Magic values:
- WRITE IT DOWN: Be a master of documentation including process documentation/mapping, clearly articulating root causes and pain points, writing down project schedules, deliverables, meeting notes, delegating and following up action items, etc.
- BE AN OWNER: When given an ambiguous problem to solve, you will lead a cross-functional team to understand, analyze, and solve the problem. As a project manager you will lead and drive projects to completion.
- EMPOWER OTHERS: Given the cross functional nature of the role, you will work collaboratively with others and will empower them to ensure productivity across the team.
- NO SHENANIGANS: You play a key role as a neutral, third party in some situations where direct and honest communication is required and where data-driven solutions are paramount. You communicate clearly, honestly, and are not afraid to call out shenanigans.
The Financial Business Operations team is a small but impactful team within the CFO org and is key to driving process scaling and efficiency in Twilio’s rapid growth environment. Our team’s goal is to manage and deliver high-quality projects to the finance organization leveraging best project management practices.
Twilio is a company that is empowering the world’s developers with modern communication in order to build better applications. Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development, and your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed and we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion, and innovation and we want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio.
We employ diverse talent from all over the world and we believe great work can be done anywhere. Around the world, Twilio offers benefits and perks to support the physical, financial, and emotional well being of you and your loved ones. No matter where you are based, you will experience a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; seeks well-rounded talent to ensure a full perspective on our customers’ experience, understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture that empowers everyone to do their best work and be the best version of themselves.
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video and email by virtualizing the world’s communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer’s toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.