Because you belong at Twilio
The Who, What, Why and Where
Twilio UX is growing rapidly and we are seeking a UX Design Intern to join us in the Summer of 2021. In this role, you will collaborate with multidisciplinary teams to discover, define, and design experiences that give developers and businesses around the world the ability to create communication applications. You will be part of a growing and diverse group of designers, helping to build and shape our design culture.
We are looking for a designer who lives Twilio Magic and takes a holistic, human-centered approach to design. They are also:
- Currently pursuing a BS/BA or a higher degree in design, HCI or a related field.
- Familiar with the user-centered design process that comprises: research, design, prototyping, presentation, and soliciting feedback.
- Can share a portfolio with usable and lovable designs that demonstrates an understanding of user-centered design methodologies.
- Strong sense of curiosity and a mindset to learn and grow.
- Attention to detail, organization, and a sense of ownership.
As a UX design intern on the Twilio UX team you will live the Twilio Magic values, and be able to:
- Be an Owner: Own and help the team to advance the user experience for Twilio’s products and services.
- Wear the Customer’s Shoes: Engage with our developer community to understand their needs, and design products and workflows to unlock their potential.
- Write it Down: Design, review and test interfaces and tools in order to enhance developer experiences.
- Draw the Owl: Navigate ambiguity by developing a scientific mindset - stating hypotheses, testing, learning and adapting.
- Don’t Settle: Collaborate with other Product Designers in helping to elevate our standards. Participate in Design Critiques to ensure consistency across Twilio products. Advocate for more efficient processes and higher standards across the UX organization.
- Empower others: Contribute to the creative and supportive culture of the Twilio UX team.
Twilio is a company that is empowering the world’s developers with modern communication in order to build better applications. Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development, and your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed and we’re dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion, and innovation and we want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio.
We employ diverse talent from all over the world and we believe great work can be done anywhere. Around the world, Twilio offers benefits and perks to support the physical, financial, and emotional well being of you and your loved ones. No matter where you are based, you will experience a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; seeks well-rounded talent to ensure a full perspective on our customers’ experience, understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture that empowers everyone to do their best work and be the best version of themselves.
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video and email by virtualizing the world’s communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer’s toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.