Because you belong at Twilio
The Who, What, Where and Why
Twilio is growing rapidly and seeking an Staff Software Engineer who is passionate about building massively scalable data platforms. Customer Engagement Platform(CEP) team is up-leveling the communication by helping Twilio customers create a target, personalized engagement with their customers. This role will serve as the Architect across the global CEP R&D organization driving product architecture, reducing information silos across the org to improve decision making, and coordinating with other engineering teams to ensure seamless integration with other Twilio services.
Twilio is looking for a leader with a demonstrated track record of leading cross-functional R&D teams. We seek someone with:
- A Masters or Bachelors degree required.
- 6+ years of experience developing highly-available web applications or distributed systems in Scala/Java, Python, Golang
- Experience developing RESTful services.
- Experience with streaming systems such as Kafka, Flink, Spark, Avro, gRPC
- Hands-on experience with SQL/NoSQL databases and caches.
- Experience developing products on AWS or Google Cloud Services.
- Strong expertise in troubleshooting complex production issues.
- Excellent problem solving, critical thinking, and communication skills.
- Experience automating CI/CD pipelines.
- Expertise in configuration management for deploying, configuring, and managing servers and systems.
- Strong belief in automation over toil.
A successful day means you have:
- Work with a small and collaborative team, whiteboarding ideas, building APIs, products used to protect Twilio and its customers, as well save significant revenue loss while contributing to customer engagement and consumer trust.
- Help more junior developers by mentoring them, providing guidance, and positively influencing their careers.Work on full-stack development of platform tools and web services.
- Write unit tests and functional tests in a continuous delivery environment.
- Manage highly critical risk platform tools and vendor applications in the cloud.
- Own reliability for the team’s services and participate in an on-call rotation.
- Should be able to adapt to prioritizing multiple issues in a high-pressure environment.
- Should be able to understand complex architectures and be comfortable working with multiple teams.
- Ability to conduct performance analysis, capacity management and troubleshoot large scale distributed systems.
The CEP product is central to Twilio's future transformation. It is the customer engagement platform of the future, enabling companies to engage and retain their target customers. We serve both enterprise customers as well as the developers that work to customize their CEP solution.
Twilio is a company that is empowering the world’s developers with modern communication in order to build better applications. Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development, and your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed and we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We invest in weeks dedicated to tackling hard problems and creating your own ideas. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion, and innovation and we want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio. Come join us.
This position will be located in our Bangalore, India office. Around the world, Twilio offers benefits and perks to support the physical, financial, and emotional well being of you and your loved ones. No matter where you are based, you will experience a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; seeks well-rounded talent to ensure a full perspective on our customers’ experience, understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture that empowers everyone to do their best work and be the best version of themselves.
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video and email by virtualizing the world’s communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer’s toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.