Reporting to the Director of Accounting, International, this is a critical position that will lead and take ownership of all aspects of Accounting M&A integration, while working closely with the M&A Integration team and a team of functional leads across the Accounting organization.
Twilio is looking for a Senior Accountant who lives the Twilio Magic. They also have:
- A demonstrated track record of successful cross-functional leadership, collaboration, and relationship building.
- Minimum of 6 years of relevant accounting experience, preferably at a leading technology company. [optional - experience leading / participating in M&A integrations is a plus].
- Strong project management skills, the ability to track and manage complex processes, and a desire to lead teams and projects.
- Technical ability to understand software and recognize areas of GL integration and engage with cross functional managers.
- Technically savvy and experience with the cloud, APIs, communications, enterprise and software is a plus.
As the Senior Accountant, you will live the Twilio Magic values while leading the development of the GL integration plan as it relates to the integration of acquired companies. This includes liaising with previous accounting functions, outsourced providers and other administrative departments to get a true picture of the accounting requirements both present and future. You will also own the GL function of current acquired International entities
- Leadership for developing the international accounting strategy and plan, including but not limited to:
- DRAW THE OWL: Form and lead a cross-functional international accounting team based on the acquisition strategic rationale and integration size / scope
- BE INCLUSIVE: Work with the accounting team in the US, ensuring alignment with the overall integration strategy and roadmap
- BE AN OWNER: Ensure alignment across international accounting on strategy, plan, risks and decisions, cascading communications and managing stakeholder expectations.
- WRITE IT DOWN: Provide analytical review of the acquired entities operations.
- Provide oversight for the development of playbooks that define the baseline process and activities for international accounting integration ([OPEX]))
- Identify and develop process improvements, best practices, and tools to increase the efficiency and effectiveness of the international accounting integration team and improve the quality of integration efforts
In addition to the above responsibilities and as a key member for acquisition integration, you will represent international accounting strategy and planning through all phases of the deal and integration life cycle, including participating in acquisition due diligence and preliminary integration planning to inform deal approval and announcement, followed by detailed strategy and integration planning and execution. You will interact extensively across functional teams within Twilio and have exposure to [executive] leadership.
The international senior accountant will be critical to the integration of each acquisition. This role will have the opportunity to help build an International Accounting integration ‘Center of Excellence’ from the ground up, and will have exposure to cross functional leaders at Twilio as we continue to build Twilio’s M&A integration muscle.
We employ diverse talent from all over the world and we believe great work can be done anywhere. Around the world, Twilio offers benefits and perks to support the physical, financial, and emotional well being of you and your loved ones. No matter where you are based, you will experience a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; seeks well-rounded talent to ensure a full perspective on our customers’ experience, understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture that empowers everyone to do their best work and be the best version of themselves.
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video and email by virtualizing the world’s communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer’s toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.