Reporting to the Sourcing & Procurement Leader, this is a critical position that will lead and take ownership of all aspects of Strategic Sourcing and Procurement M&A integration. You will also work closely with the Twilio M&A Integration team and functional leaders across the Strategic Sourcing & Procurement organization. When there is low M&A activity, you will assume responsibility as a Category Manager in Tech or Corporate depending on experience and be responsible for delivering savings.
Twilio is looking for a Sourcing and Procurement M&A integration leader who lives the Twilio Magic and has demonstrated experience working within a cloud, API, communication, enterprise or software environment. They also have:
- 8+ years of relevant Strategic Sourcing and Procurement experience, preferably at a leading technology company, with 4+ yrs experience leading / participating in M&A integrations.
- Strong technical background in Strategic Sourcing in Technology Category Management (Software, Hardware, Services, etc). Someone who has demonstrable experience in M&A Integration, ensuring savings synergies promised are delivered on time and within budget.
- Experience of entire Procure to Pay including Sourcing, Procurement Operations, Payments, Purchasing Policy, Audits/controls, Process, Systems (Coupa and Netsuite a plus).
- A demonstrated track record of successful cross-functional leadership, collaboration, and relationship building.
- Excellent communication and executive presence, extremely organized and stellar contract review and financial analysis acumen.
- Strong project management skills (certifications a plus), the ability to track and manage complex processes, and a desire to lead teams and projects.
- Technical ability to review legal contract language and synthesize key legal and commercial issues for sourcing and procurement integration.
As the Senior M&A Integration Manager, you will lead the development of Sourcing and Procurement integration plan as it relates to the integration of acquired companies. This includes reviewing and assessing all vendor legal contracts, systems and processes pertaining to procurement and sourcing activities and spend reports and negotiations. You will live the Twilio Magic values:
- NO SHENANIGANS: You will quickly identify key contracts and procurement activities that need to be moved over and ensure the flawless execution of that.
- BE INCLUSIVE: Work with cross-functional sourcing, procurement ops, legal, and AP teams based on the acquisition strategic rationale and integration size / scope.
- Collaboration with Accounting / AP, IT, Finance, Legal & Tax to support the strategic integration planning, due diligence and execution phases of M&A transactions that align with the business objectives
- BE AN OWNER: Engages with Sourcing Managers and Procurement Team and integration managers from IT, Finance, Accounting, Tax & Legal as needed to identify issues or roadblocks with target.
- WRITE IT DOWN: Jointly develop the strategic Sourcing and Procurement integration strategy with the Procurement and Strategic Sourcing Team, ensuring alignment with the overall integration strategy and roadmap
- Ensuring alignment across sourcing and procurement team /leadership / functions on strategy, plan, risks and decisions, cascading communications and managing stakeholder expectations.
- DRAW THE OWL: In partnership with core sourcing and procurement function, build and continuously improve the procurement and sourcing M&A integration playbook(s), including but not limited to:
- Provide oversight for the development of playbooks that define the baseline process and activities for procurement and sourcing integration ([sourcing, procurement operations etc])
- Identify and develop process improvements, best practices, and tools to increase the efficiency and effectiveness of the Procurement and Sourcing integration team and improve the quality of integration efforts
The Strategic Sourcing and Procurement M&A Senior Manager will be critical toTwilio. This role will have the opportunity to build a Procurement and Sourcing integration ‘Center of Excellence’ from the ground up, and will ensure effective integration at Twilio as we continue to build Twilio’s M&A integration muscle. We are excited to learn more about you.
You will represent and lead Procurement and Sourcing strategy and planning through all phases of the deal and integration life cycle, including participating in acquisition due diligence and preliminary integration planning to inform deal approval and announcement, followed by detailed strategy and integration planning and execution. You will interact extensively across functional teams within Twilio and have exposure to executive leadership.
We employ diverse talent from all over the world and we believe great work can be done anywhere. Around the world, Twilio offers benefits and perks to support the physical, financial, and emotional well being of you and your loved ones. No matter where you are based, you will experience a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; seeks well-rounded talent to ensure a full perspective on our customers’ experience, understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture that empowers everyone to do their best work and be the best version of themselves.
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video and email by virtualizing the world’s communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer’s toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.