Because you belong at Twilio.
The Who, What, Why and Where
Twilio is growing rapidly and seeking a Telecommunications Regulatory Affairs Manager to be a key leader in supporting our regulatory function as part of our legal team. The person in this role will either lead or assist in understanding and fulfilling its telecommunications regulatory affairs obligations in various countries around the world. Not only do you understand telecommunications regulations, but also understand the practical obstacles of implementing compliance in a complex technological ecosystem, has experience working cross-functionally to overcome those obstacles, and enjoys the challenge of it all.
Twilio is looking for a leader who lives the Twilio Magic and has a demonstrated track record of leading M&A transactions. They also have:
- BA/MA in Law, Economics, Political Science or other related disciplines.
- You must have 5-7 years work experience with a telecoms operator, consultancy, European or national regulatory agency in the area of telecommunications laws and regulations.
- You have experience tracking and filing telecommunications regulatory compliance requirements.
- You are a creative problem solver with a demonstrated ability to provide pragmatic advice.
- Fluency in English with Japanese, German, Italian or Portuguese an advantage.
As a Telecommunications Regulatory Affairs Manager, you will live the Twilio Magic values:
- WRITE IT DOWN: Manage responses to regulatory communications, enforcement actions and other government inquiries and consultations. Provide end-to-end analysis and support to ensure compliance and follow-up in the countries where Twilio intends to offer services. Drive market access and licensing activities Globally.
- DRAW THE OWL: Ensure compliance with telecoms regulations. Submit regulatory data requests from national regulatory agencies. Identify key regulatory opportunities and risks, advise/support Twilio to protect against, and/or take advantage of them; champion informed risk taking and innovation.
- BE AN OWNER & BE BOLD: Coordinate the development of company views on telecommunications regulatory matters. Support internal business division on relevant regulatory aspects of commercial dealings when required. Aide in the representation of Twilio’s interest before regulatory authorities in areas related to telecommunications regulation. Assist on M&A due diligence as required.
- NO SHENANIGANS: Design and implement a regulatory compliance program in each of the countries in which we operate
The Telecommunications Regulatory Function is central to Twilio's continued growth. We work closely with senior leadership and product teams to guide company strategy. We lead all aspects of identifying, evaluating, and executing telecommunications regulatory outside of North America. .
Twilio is a company that is empowering the world’s developers with modern communication in order to build better applications. Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development, and your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed and we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion, and innovation and we want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio.
This position will be located in any of our offices based in EMEA, APJ or NAMER.
Around the world, Twilio offers benefits and perks to support the physical, financial, and emotional well being of you and your loved ones. No matter where you are based, you will experience a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; seeks well-rounded talent to ensure a full perspective on our customers’ experience, understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture that empowers everyone to do their best work and be the best version of themselves.
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video and email by virtualizing the world’s communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer’s toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.