Because you belong at Twilio.
The Who, What, Why and Where
Twilio is growing rapidly and seeking a Director of Diversity Talent as part of our Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DEI) team. This position will report directly to our Chief Diversity Officer and provide thought leadership to systems and processes relating to recruiting, retention, performance, advancement, and equity.
Twilio is looking for a leader who lives the Twilio Magic and has overall diversity Talent Management and Talent Acquisition expertise. They also have:
- 10+ years experience in a diversity based role focused on building diverse sourcing channels and inclusive learning programs, preferably at a high-growth, technology company, or an HRBP or Talent Partner equivalent role
- Proven track record of cross functional partnerships, building diversity strategies to increase pipeline and succession planning, drive equity in the performance management system, and ensure equity in the talent process
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience in talent management, talent development and talent acquisition systems specifically in the area of talent review and succession planning
- Leadership skills that help a team to grow, innovate and produce cutting edge programs and education
- Ability to manage and support a small team
As the Director, Diversity Talent, you will:
- EMPOWER OTHERS: Engage/influence calibration, performance review, succession planning, and leadership development work impacting diverse populations. Grow and mentor a global team of direct reports.
- BE BOLD: Help develop and maintain processes, programs, and systems driven by the Talent Management and Talent Acquisition team.
- BE INCLUSIVE: Partner with the TA team on supporting the Inclusion Rule with data specific work. Responsible for helping to build and drive anti-racist content, learning, and education.
Our DEI team is a critical partner to the business in building a global diversity strategy. This team plays an integral role in delivering solutions against our Racial Equity and Justice goals. Twilio puts diversity and inclusivity as a top priority in our work both with our customers and employees.
Twilio is a company that is empowering the world’s developers with modern communication in order to build better applications. Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development, and your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed and we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We invest in weeks dedicated to tackling hard problems and creating your own ideas. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion, and innovation and we want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio. Come join us!
We employ diverse talent from all over the world and we believe great work can be done anywhere. Around the world, Twilio offers benefits and perks to support the physical, financial, and emotional well being of you and your loved ones. No matter where you are based, you will experience a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; seeks well-rounded talent to ensure a full perspective on our customers’ experience, understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture that empowers everyone to do their best work and be the best version of themselves.
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video and email by virtualizing the world’s communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer’s toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.
Twilio is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, parental or pregnancy status, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status.