Because you belong at Twilio
The Who, What, Why and Where
Twilio is growing rapidly and seeking a DevOps Engineer to integrate and automate systems within the ITIL framework. This role will either assist cross functional teams or end users with the best user experience, automated self service, systems integrations and systems automation. Supporting the Technical Services team and all Twilions alike this role is a significant player in the success of our ticketing system and interfaces at Twilio.
Twilio takes something very complex (communications) and makes it look easy, we’re looking for a DevOps Engineer that can do that too!
- As a member of the Technical Intelligence DevOps team you will build solutions that enable Twilions to efficiently and effectively get stuff done!
- Successful candidates will have experience integrating and deploying a variety of services as a member of a collaborative team and have no fear digging into the unknown.
- 2-3+ years of JNode/JS/Python or OOP application development
- 1-2 years of experience deploying services on AWS/Kubernetes (eks).
- Understand and be able to implement or interact with a REST API
- Great to have: Experience working with AWS ElasticSearch
- BS in Computer Science/DevOps Engineering or equivalent professional experience
As a Technical Intelligence DevOps Engineer, you will:
- Works on a plethora of issues, a great day for you would involve proposing solutions based on customer feedback, folding in opportunity to design and develop an engaging solution.
- You may work with technologies that utilize Twilio’s APIs, to provide high availability while maintaining scalability
- Automate business processes.
- You will dive into new technologies frequently, and expect to only develop on the bleeding edge creating and deploying enterprise level services, API’s and integration best practices.
- Contribute to internal frontend libraries and frameworks, processes
- Help resolve technical issues and blockers for internal customers, automate where possible.
As a DevOps Engineer your applications will be critical in positioning our products as the most engaging brand in communication.. Our wide-ranging use of communications technology offers excellent opportunities for research.
Twilio is a company that is empowering the world’s developers with modern communication in order to build better applications. Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development, and your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed and we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We invest in weeks dedicated to tackling hard problems and creating your own ideas. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion, and innovation and we want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio.
This position will be located remotely in the United States. What you will get to experience is a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; seeks well-rounded talent to ensure a full perspective on our customers’ experience, understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture where everyone is able to do and be the best version of themselves.
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video and email by virtualizing the world’s communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer's toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.
Twilio is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, parental or pregnancy status, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.