Because you belong at Twilio.
The Who, What, Why and Where
Twilio is growing rapidly and Messaging its biggest product. To keep pace with the growing data and new ways to work with it we need strong Engineers that can create innovative solutions.
Twilio is looking for a Senior Engineer who has an excellent track record of creating and operating highly scalable, stable and secure RESTful services. Following are some of the basic necessities of a candidate to be successful in this position:
- 8+ years of Engineering experience, developing and maintaining high traffic services.
- Strong fundamental knowledge of software development and best practices, for RESTful service implementation.
- Technical leader and a mentor to junior members of the team.
- Expert level coding skills with Java/Scala.
- Proven track record in scaling and optimizing schemas, performance tuning SQL and ETL pipelines in OLAP and Data Warehouse environments.
- Built solutions with RDBMS backend.
- Experience with distributed systems and handson with at least a few of the Bigdata technologies such as HBase, Hadoop, Spark, Kafka, Cassandra, DynamoDB etc.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related field, or equivalent training, fellowship, or work experience.
A great day would look like designing and developing elegant and highly scalable solutions to problems of managing multi terabytes of data, fronted with a highly available and responsive Rest API guaranteeing 99.999% SLA.
- DRAW THE OWL: You will work within a team to provide solutions to manage ever growing data. Implement the solutions using your deep Java/Scala understanding and experience.
- BE BOLD: Put into practice, fundamentals of distributed systems, to design new systems and keep the existing systems based on Kafka/S3/MySQL humming.
- EMPOWER OTHERS: Lead and mentor your junior teammates.
- DON’T SETTLE: Drive quality by writing unit tests, functional tests, and performance tests in a continuous delivery environment.
- Be AN OWNER: Support production operations, building, releasing and assisting with team on-call. Teams will be small and empowered so that you can move fast and ship to production multiple times in a 2 week sprint
Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development and your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed and we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We invest in weeks dedicated to tackling hard problems and creating your own ideas. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion and innovation and we want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio. Come join us.
This position will be located in our office at 375 Beale Street in San Francisco. You will enjoy our office perks: catered meals, snacks, game room, ergonomic desks, massages, Wednesday dinners, bi-weekly All Hands and more. What you will also get to experience is a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; seeks well-rounded talent to ensure a full perspective on our customers’ experience, understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture where everyone is able to do and be the best version of themselves.
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video and email by virtualizing the world’s communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer’s toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.
Twilio is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, parental or pregnancy status, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status and operate in compliance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.