The Who, What, Why and Where
Twilio is growing rapidly and we're proud to have our Phone Numbers Product drive industry direction through breadth, depth and innovation. We're looking for a frontend engineer to join us as we begin the next stage of Phone Numbers at Twilio, pushing forward the entire industry in the process.
Frontend engineers at Twilio are responsible for creating compelling experiences for developers and operators alike. You will work closely with Product and Design and be responsible for usability considerations as well as implementation of modern Web experiences available through our Console.
The experiences you build will be relied upon by all of Twilio's customers on a daily basis, and you will continually expand and refine the experience to meet customers’ changing needs.
Twilio is looking for a Frontend Engineer who lives the Twilio Magic and has a demonstrated track record of creating compelling customer experiences. They also have:
- 3+ years experience with the modern Web stack: notably React, Typescript, and 1+ years of Node.js. If you've worked with other frameworks (like Vue or Ember) that's a plus as well
- Well versed (and opinionated) on what makes a good REST API. Experience in one of the following stacks: Node.js, Java, Python or PHP
- Experience working with high traffic, highly scalable large distributed systems and complex code bases.
- Experience designing, building and supporting critical user-facing systems.
- Strong cross-team communication and collaboration skills.
- Experience mentoring junior engineers.
- Bachelor's degree (or equivalent) with 5 years of experience with software development lifecycle and processes
As a Frontend Engineer, you will live the Twilio Magic values:
- DRAW THE OWL: Self-starter who can see the big picture and prioritize work to make the largest impact
- WEAR THE CUSTOMER’S SHOES: Passion for and consistent track record of executing product opportunities deeply grounded in customer needs
- EMPOWER OTHERS: Be part of a small, high-impact and hardworking engineering team. Show strong engagement in the team setting and mentor junior engineers.
- BE INCLUSIVE: Collaborating and brainstorming product ideas with product managers, design, and engineers.
- BE AN OWNER: Truly lead the product you work on. Be responsible for SLA, incident resolution, customer feedback and participate in blameless post-mortems to make our products better.
Twilio has been used by millions of developers and the Phone numbers product is at the heart of Twilio. We interact with customers from when they first sign up and get their first Twilio number, and thereafter every single time they search for a number, provision a number or when their call or message flows through Twilio’s platform.
Twilio is a company that is empowering the world’s developers with modern communication in order to build better applications. Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development, and your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed and we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion, and innovation and we want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio.
This position will be located in our San Francisco Bay area or Seattle. Around the world, Twilio offers benefits and perks to support the physical, financial, and emotional well being of you and your loved ones. No matter where you are based, you will experience a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; seeks well-rounded talent to ensure a full perspective on our customers’ experience, understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture that empowers everyone to do their best work and be the best version of themselves.
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video and email by virtualizing the world’s communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer’s toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.