Because you belong at Twilio.
The Who, What, Why and Where
Twilio is growing rapidly and seeking a Corporate Development Associate to assist in the evaluation and execution of inorganic growth opportunities for Twilio globally. The person in this role will contribute in all aspects of potential M&A transactions - strategy formation, developing business cases and deal execution. Reporting to the Head of Corporate Development, this position is critical in supporting Twilio’s inorganic growth efforts throughout the entire M&A lifecycle.
Twilio is looking for a leader who lives the Twilio Magic and has a demonstrated interest in M&A transactions. They also have:
- 2-4 years experience in investment banking, corporate development or private equity.
- Someone with prior experience in a corporate development role at a technology (software) company is ideal but not mandatory.
- Strong analytical and modeling skills.
- Fluency in performing rigorous financial, valuation, and broad quantitative analyses and familiarity with accounting & key operational metrics.
- Have the technical ability to understand software and recognize areas of product integration, discuss product roadmaps, and engage with product managers
- Technically savvy and experience with the cloud, APIs, communications, enterprise software, devices, and mobility is a plus.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience required.
As a Corporate Development Associate, you will live the Twilio Magic values:
- WRITE IT DOWN: Analyze strategic markets and provide key findings to internal stakeholders.
- DRAW THE OWL: Identify and qualify new inorganic growth ideas from internal and external sources and take a meaningful role in end-to-end execution of M&A.
- BE AN OWNER & BE BOLD: Assist in all aspects of transactions, including strategy formation, developing business cases, deal execution, and integration.
- EMPOWER OTHERS: Interact extensively across all functional teams within Twilio and have significant exposure to our executive leadership.
- NO SHENANIGANS: Ensure the consistent exercise of appropriate judgment and discretion in evaluating opportunities and conducting due diligence.
The Corporate Development team is central to Twilio's continued growth. We work closely with senior leadership and product teams to guide company strategy. We lead all aspects of identifying, evaluating, and executing M&A transactions that drive inorganic growth and have a significant impact on the overall direction of the company.
Twilio is a company that is empowering the world’s developers with modern communication in order to build better applications. Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development, and your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed and we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion, and innovation and we want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio.
We employ diverse talent from all over the world and we believe great work can be done anywhere. Around the world, Twilio offers benefits and perks to support the physical, financial, and emotional well being of you and your loved ones. No matter where you are based, you will experience a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; seeks well-rounded talent to ensure a full perspective on our customers’ experience, understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture that empowers everyone to do their best work and be the best version of themselves.
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video and email by virtualizing the world’s communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer’s toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers. #LI-POST