Because you belong at Twilio.
The Who, What, Why and Where
Twilio is growing rapidly and seeking a Principal Engineer, Data Architecture, to join the Email Platform BU. This will be a senior level position and your responsibility will be to define strategies and roadmaps for delivering end-to-end data processing and persistence solutions that deliver high performance architectures at a very large scale.
Twilio is looking for a technical leader who lives the Twilio Magic and has a demonstrated track record of leading cross functional technical initiatives. They also have:
- Must have the ability to architect structured and unstructured data models in a way that meets stringent performance, privacy, security, and data integrity requirements around extra large data sets (on order of 15+ billion per day).
- Strong experience in programming languages and various technologies such as : distributed storage, stream analytics, lambda architecture, Relational, KV, Document Store.
- Experience with complex application data flows and proven ability to bridge the gap between technical and business application requirements.
- Demonstrated track record of designing and delivering secure and cost efficient big data processing solutions.
- Experience with distributed query engines.
- Operational experience: demonstrated ability to deliver fault tolerant, high available, and maintainable, systems in distributed large scale environments.
- Ability to articulate and present vision to both technical and non technical stakeholders.
- Experience with Kubernetes and container orchestration technologies is a plus.
- Machine learning experience is a plus.
As a Principal Engineer, you will live the Twilio Magic values:
- DRAW THE OWL: You will lead and guide teams in determining the appropriate technologies, structuring of data, and workflows in support of high scale big data queries and storage.
- DON’T SETTLE: You will partner with Sr Architects and stakeholders to ensure all technology solutions align with product, security, and architecture long term vision and roadmap.
- EMPOWER OTHERS: You must be a strong team leader. You enjoy mentoring and collaboration across engineering and product teams.
- BE AN OWNER: Ensure the successful delivery of projects from vision, through execution, and reliable, dependable, scalable, operations.
The Email Platform produces more than 15 Billion events/day! Continuing to evolve our platform to enable additional product offerings that provide deep insights around the health of their email program is critical to our customers and the success of their business.
Twilio is a company that is empowering the world’s developers with modern communication in order to build better applications. Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development, and your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed and we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion, and innovation and we want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio.
We employ diverse talent from all over the world and we believe great work can be done anywhere. Around the world, Twilio offers benefits and perks to support the physical, financial, and emotional well being of you and your loved ones. No matter where you are based, you will experience a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; seeks well-rounded talent to ensure a full perspective on our customers’ experience, understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture that empowers everyone to do their best work and be the best version of themselves.
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video and email by virtualizing the world’s communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer’s toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.