Because you belong at Twilio.
The Who, What, Why and Where
Twilio is growing rapidly and seeking a Technical Project Manager to guide IT department initiatives to help Twilio grow. You will be working alongside IT and cross-functional team managers to deftly identify dependencies and risks, resolve blockers, communicate status to all levels of the business and champion Twilio’s project management best practices. Reporting to the manager of the Technical Services Project Management Office (PMO), this position is critical and will support Twilio’s global growth efforts.
Twilio is looking for a project management professional who lives the Twilio Magic and also has a demonstrated track record of managing projects for fast-moving organizations. They also have:
- 6+ years of project management experience
- 2+ years of software engineering experience in an agile development environment and leading agile teams is a plus
- Experienced communicator and able to collaborate with diverse sets of technical, non-technical, on-site, and remote people across different teams and business functions
- Experience collaborating with third party vendors and geographically diverse teams to achieve successful results
- Technical experience and expertise sufficient to understand higher-level technical problems being solved
- Experience in spotting blockers and dependency problems in advance of impact and moving solutions for these blockers forward
- Ability to look through an Agile lens to determine what tasks can be delivered first to provide the largest value up front and also phase efforts as needed
- Motivated to do or achieve something because of your own enthusiasm or interest, without needing pressure from others
- Willing to answer for the outcomes resulting from your own choices, behaviors, and actions. Take ownership of situations that you’re involved in.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or similar or equivalent experience
- Master’s degree is a plus
As a Project Manager, you will live the Twilio Magic values:
- WRITE IT DOWN: Clearly and concisely document all project inputs and outputs and provide key findings and project/program summaries to internal stakeholders. Discern and identify hidden requirements that will impact risk or dependencies during planning, design, and implementation.
- DRAW THE OWL: Identify opportunities for operational improvement within Technology Services and drive solution definition.
- BE AN OWNER & BE BOLD: Enroll teams in change initiatives and lead them through with little disruption. Lead or assist in defining a project’s clear path forward with the right stakeholders. Proactively identify and clearly communicate messages and updates regarding blockers, dependencies, risks, and current status to all stakeholders for IT projects, including escalating through levels of management when necessary.
- EMPOWER OTHERS: Interact across multiple functional teams within Technical Services by removing roadblocks and enabling project team members to do their best work.
- WEAR THE CUSTOMER’S SHOES: Listen closely to deeply understand business problems and solve the problems from the customer’s perspective.
- NO SHENANIGANS: Help Tech Services become a trusted business partner by building trust through every interaction with fellow Twilions.
The Project Management team is central to Tech Service’s work execution function. We champion the repeatable mechanism for project work that keeps teams collaborating and working toward a shared vision. We continuously improve our project transparency, communication across teams, and the processes for prioritization and resource allocation within the Tech Services department. We incrementally create value for Tech Services and Twilio by strategically addressing our most difficult problems in a thoughtful manner and delivering high-quality projects.
Twilio is a company that is empowering the world’s developers with modern communication in order to build better applications. Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development, and your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed and we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion, and innovation and we want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio.
This position will be located in our Denver office. Around the world, Twilio offers benefits and perks to support the physical, financial, and emotional well being of you and your loved ones. No matter where you are based, you will experience a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; seeks well-rounded talent to ensure a full perspective on our customers’ experience, understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture that empowers everyone to do their best work and be the best version of themselves.
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video and email by virtualizing the world’s communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer’s toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.