Because you belong at Twilio.
The Who, What, Why and Where
Twilio is growing rapidly and seeking a Principal Product Manager, Information Policy to be a key leader in proactively preparing for rising regulatory policies and rethinking data protection and access in the age of cloud applications and distributed systems. The person in this role will be fully immersed in Privacy Engineering and Identity & Access management. You are a subject matter expert, who brings organization to everything you do and are excited about bringing the world’s best minds together to solve evolving hard problems. You will lead product roadmaps, system design and integration in all aspects of Information Policy Management and unite stakeholders in security, privacy, legal, compliance, and more to ensure stronger access policies, aligned stakeholders, and automated processes. Reporting to the Director of Information Policy Management, this innovator will guide our data access platform efforts in building and managing solutions like: permission policy distribution, centralized policy management, core authentication and authorization processes, and regional infrastructure turnup, etc.
Twilio is looking for a technical product leader who lives the Twilio Magic and has a demonstrated track record of driving adoption and awareness, as well as shipping features and services that balance functionality, user experience, and business needs. They also have:
- 5+ years experience in building highly scalable, robust, and resilient products and platforms in a big data environment to lead our Information Policy implementation and engineering efforts.
- Built with and secured microservice architecture; executed on SOA principles.
- Experience with creating, rolling out, and maintaining granular authorization systems for people, machines, and workloads; Leading with a customer first mentality.
- Knowledge and experience in approaches to federating Policy-Based Access Control, securing user data, and keeping it private.
- Analytical approach to solving system issues including understanding system interdependencies and operability.
- Significant hands-on system design and coding experience in building and deploying high-tier systems at scale. Can distill complex problems and drive towards practical and creative solutions.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience required.
As a Principal Product Manager specializing in data protection and enterprise identity & access management, you will live the Twilio Magic values:
- WRITE IT DOWN: Drive a talented team to build, maintain, manage, and monitor Twilio’s core authorization services to improve operational burdens while ensuring compliance and customer trust.
- DRAW THE OWL: Develop a unified roadmap, set team vision, and measure the most important technical and business indicators.
- BE AN OWNER & BE BOLD: Be comfortable in unchartered territory as we build unique privacy technologies and grow user trust. We need your expertise and enthusiasm to make it happen.
- EMPOWER OTHERS: Help talented engineers develop towards their goals and sculpt a cross-functional team culture of feedback and transparency. Enable Data Soverity and support other opportunities around Governance Portal, Data Profiling, Data Lineage, and Governance Integrations.
- NO SHENANIGANS: Challenge the status quo with fact-based and metrics-oriented principles, minimize operational frictions and ongoing overhead by enabling teams pragmatically and being customer-obsessed.
The Information Policy Management team is central to Twilio's continued growth. We focus on building both the user-facing features and internal services that provide our user choices around their data, build trust by managing data risks, advance data privacy and security, and enable our business by unlocking revenue opportunities. We work relentlessly to ensure consumer privacy and data protection through differentiated products and services, standards in engineering, policy, and transparent communications.
Twilio is a company that is empowering the world’s developers with modern communication in order to build better applications. Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development, and your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed and we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion, and innovation and we want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio.
Twilio has a distributed and remote-friendly office structure, thus the location of this position will be flexible. You will enjoy our office perks: catered meals, snacks, game room, ergonomic desks, massages, Wednesday dinners, bi-weekly All Hands and more. What you will also get to experience is a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; seeks well-rounded talent to ensure a full perspective on our customers’ experience, understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture where everyone is able to do and be the best version of themselves.
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video and email by virtualizing the world’s communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer’s toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.