Because you belong at Twilio
The Who, What, Why and Where
Twilio is growing rapidly and seeking a Program Manager for our Consumer Trust team. The ideal candidate is passionate about protecting consumers from bad actors and fraudulent communications, has great judgment, loves solving complex problems indepenently and ihas an inquisitive mind capable of cutting through the noise in the course of a complex investigation. You will have the ability to drive changes throughout the organization that help us improve our fraud detection capabilities and customer experience. You will partner with multiple teams within Twilio to handle and resolve executive escalations and fraud incidents that present internal and external risk.
We require a fast-thinking team-player able to quickly respond to complex issues, investigate them, coordinate the investigation across multiple teams, BUs and products and deliver a resolution that truly embodies wearing the customers’ shoes. This person will live the Twilio Magic and has a demonstrated track record of leading cross-team projects or investigations. The role will be key to ensuring customer trust by successfully investigating issues, identifying root causes, coordinating resolutions and turning the learnings into feedback for product teams and owners. Ideal candidates will have a background that includes:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
- 5 or more years work experience in the high tech or ecommerce space (ideally on a fraud, risk, compliance or security focused team)
- 3 or more years project and/or management experience and experience executing against product-led roadmaps preferably in the high tech or ecommerce space; equivalent process experience i.e. Scrum, Kanban, Six Sigma
- Experience leading multiple projects or programs and working cross-functionally to deliver results; able to design programs of work and coordinate across multiple project managers
- Experience developing key metrics, reporting and stakeholder updates related to projects/programs
- Ability to communicate complex issues to external and internal stakeholders
- Experience in customer facing roles
- Ability to resolve conflicts amicably by determining what mutually agreed success looks like
- Excellent judgement when working through incidents with customers and internal teams.
- Familiarity with legal and regulatory frameworks surrounding fraud and abuse.
- Hands-on experience fighting fraud at-scale including:
- Experience managing and implementing complex rules across multiple systems and evaluating impact of those rules
- Hands-on experience fighting chargebacks and identifying payment fraud mitigation opportunities that lead to chargebacks is preferred but not required
- Knowledge of Agile methodologies and processes, and hands-on process experience with cross-team projects
- Ability to handle multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to communicate fraud-related concepts to multiple teams to build awareness of risk and priority
- Ability to create logical views of project sequence and dependency to orchestrate work across multiple teams
As a Program Manager, you will live the Twilio Magic values:
WEAR THE CUSTOMER’S SHOES:
- Use project management tools and techniques to identify project scope, schedule, and resources involving multiple stakeholders
- Collaborate with Product and customer-facing teams to drive the most critical roadmap items forward
WRITE IT DOWN:
- Document program/ project plans for cross-team initiatives and work with multiple teams both inside and outside of Consumer Trust to drive results on-schedule
DRAW THE OWL:
- Contribute to the definition, development and tracking of effective metrics and R&D improvements that drive improved operating performance against SLAs/SLOs
- Consolidate project/ program metrics and lead regular reviews at the BU level
- Represent your program at the corporate level monthly metrics review
- Prioritize and define ROI of fraud improvements in a way that is compelling and understandable to Product
Twilio's mission is to fuel the future of communications. We do that by focusing relentlessly on building the most robust, programmable, customer-centric communications platform on the planet. Twilio daily reaches more than 5 million developers globally and every month, billions of voice and video calls are made and billions of messages are exchanged using our platform. We are in the middle of an incredible transformation of communications. Both consumers and businesses are changing how they communicate using new methods that are at the same time more delightful and much more powerful. We believe communications are at the heart of trustworthy interactions between people. In a more privacy and security focused world, Twilio is committed to ensuring that we have trustworthy customers on our platform and we’re able to propagate that trust into the ecosystem. This way Twilio’s customers remain compliant and have the most engaged and relevant communications on the planet. This is a unique opportunity for a program leader to take ownership of an essential part of our strategy and help take Twilio to the next level.
This position is a remote position (work from home). Around the world, Twilio offers great benefits and perks to support the physical, financial, and emotional well being of you and your loved ones. No matter where you are based, you will experience a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; seeks well-rounded talent to ensure a full perspective on our customers’ experience, understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture that empowers everyone to do their best work and be the best version of themselves.
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video and email by virtualizing the world’s communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer’s toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.
In accordance with applicable law, the following represents Twilio's reasonable estimate of the range of possible compensation for this role if hired in Colorado.
$90,000 - $130,000
$80,000 - $120,000
Additionally, this role is eligible to participate in Twilio's equity plan.
An overview of Twilio’s benefits offered is listed below:
Twilio is committed to delivering a comprehensive benefits program that provides support needed for you and your loved ones. It’s likely that you don’t think about benefits every day; however, they are an important component of your total compensation, and we want you to understand the options available to you so that you can make the most of your benefit dollars. At the time of this posting, this role is eligible to participate in the following benefits, which Twilio reserves the right to modify at any time for any reason in accordance with applicable law:
Healthcare Insurance and Leave
- Prescription Drug
- Flexible Spending and Health Savings Accounts
- Leave programs for all of life’s moments: maternity, parental/bonding, as well medical leave to care for yourself or a loved one
- Short and Long Term Disability Insurance
- Life and Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan with a match
Reimbursement Programs & Stipends
- $65 per month work-from-home stipend
- Up to $50 per month for wellness expenses and activities
- Up to $30 per month to use towards books/eBooks