Because you belong at Twilio
The Who, What, Why and Where
Twilio is growing rapidly and seeking a Learning Management System (LMS) Administrator. The Learning Management Systems Administrator provides technical support of the learning management system. In this role you will take ownership over; the support, implementation and maintenance of content, assets, reporting and other resources used for instructional functions. The LMS Administrator will also coordinate the installation of all system updates and upgrades, as well as tools and software integrated with the tool. This role will report into Sales Enablement Director of Content Development and Delivery within Twilio’s enablement organization.
Twilio is looking for an individual who lives the Twilio Magic and has a proven track record as an LMS Administrator:
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience as an LMS administrator (including mobile LMS capabilities).
- Proficiency in LMS administration including the understanding of directory, file structures, and systems.
- Ability to identify and resolve basic technical issues.
- High degree of initiative with the ability to work both independently and as a part of a team.
- Ability to share ideas, promote innovation, and contribute to a collaborative effort across various teams and departments.
- Customer service skill-set and a responsive demeanor.
- Ability to communicate sophisticated concepts in a concisely and clearly.
- Ability to meet or exceed timelines, balance multiple priorities, and work under stress. Possess a meticulous attention to detail.
As the LMS Administrator, you will live the Twilio Magic values by:
- WRITE IT DOWN: Work with the Director of Content Development & Delivery and instructional designers to identify and resolve technical issues related to accessing the LMS and course content.
- WEAR THE CUSTOMER’S SHOES: Understand end user and Enablement team needs and identify methods to improve efficiency and growth via the LMS.
- BE AN OWNER & BE BOLD: Manage user logins, permissions, user structures and groups. Build and run learning paths/curriculums including; user access/views, handle course asset library and assign learners to appropriate paths/curriculums.
- EMPOWER OTHERS: Build strong, collaborative relationships with colleagues on the Enablement team, and across Twilio.
- NO SHENANIGANS: Provide technical and “how-to” support related to the LMS for internal users and work with internal IT and LMS vendor to raise awareness and tackle problems.
The Content Development and Delivery team is central to Twilio's continued growth. We work closely with multiple stakeholders across the business to develop world class content to enable our sales organization development.
Twilio is a company that is empowering the world’s developers with modern communication in order to build better applications. Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development, and your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed, and we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion, and innovation, and we want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio!
We employ diverse talent from all over the world and we believe great work can be done anywhere. Around the world, Twilio offers benefits and perks to support the physical, financial, and emotional well being of you and your loved ones. No matter where you are based, you will experience a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; seeks well-rounded talent to ensure a full perspective on our customers’ experience, understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture that empowers everyone to do their best work and be the best version of themselves.
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video and email by virtualizing the world’s communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer’s toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.
In accordance with applicable law, the following represents Twilio's reasonable estimate of the range of possible compensation for this role if hired in Colorado. Please note that this information is provided for those hired in Colorado only, and this role is open to candidates outside of Colorado as well.
$51,136 - $70,312
Additionally, this role is eligible to participate in Twilio's equity plan.
An overview of Twilio’s benefits offered is listed below:
Twilio is committed to delivering a comprehensive benefits program that provides support needed for you and your loved ones. It’s likely that you don’t think about benefits every day; however, they are an important component of your total compensation, and we want you to understand the options available to you so that you can make the most of your benefit dollars. At the time of this posting, this role is eligible to participate in the following benefits, which Twilio reserves the right to modify at any time for any reason in accordance with applicable law:
Healthcare Insurance and Leave
- Prescription Drug
- Flexible Spending and Health Savings Accounts
- Leave programs for all of life’s moments: maternity, parental/bonding, as well medical leave to care for yourself or a loved one
- Short and Long Term Disability Insurance
- Life and Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan with a match
Reimbursement Programs & Stipends
- $65 per month work-from-home stipend
- Up to $50 per month for wellness expenses and activities
- Up to $30 per month to use towards books/eBooks