Because you belong at Twilio
The Who, What, Why and Where
Twilio is growing rapidly and seeking a Senior Technical Program Manager (TPM) for Consumer Trust, Risk Platform. This role will work closely with our Risk Platform Engineering team, and we seek a TPM who is passionate about requirements elaboration, translating between business-product & technical teams and Agile-Scrum processes, enabling an engineering team and working closely with Product Management to drive forward Engineering execution via translating product requirements into technical requirements and ensuring teams are aligned. The Risk Platform Engineering team builds trust by building products, services and tools that detect and prevent fraud and abuse as well as implementing appropriate profile and use case vetting of new customers and stopping bad actors. We require a fast-thinking team-player able to wrangle complexity across both multiple teams and systems. This role will run the sprint planning, backlog grooming and retrospectives for our Fraud Services Engineering team, Bangalore, and will ensure that Product defined epics are ready-to-work for our engineering partners. This role will contribute to Agile Scrum processes, Scrummaster for the team, and ensure that prioritized epics are groomed and ready to be worked by our engineering teams. It is a lynchpin Program role and will serve as the interface between Product and Engineering.
Twilio is looking for a TPM who lives the Twilio Magic and has a demonstrated track record of leading technical projects and has worked in close partnership with Engineering. They also have:
- Background in SaaS Development or operations in a distributed systems environment
- Excellent Problem Solving and Communication skills (to technical and non-technical audiences)
- Knowledge of Agile methodologies, especially for cross-team and projects with a high degree of complexity
- Ability to handle multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work with Product Managers and Analyst team members to ensure work is decomposed and ready for uptake by Engineering
- Ability to effectively communicate across many levels of the organization from engineers to business leaders
- Ability to create logical views of project sequence and dependency to orchestrate work across multiple teams and track global view of program risks/ issues/ dependencies
- Skilled in delivering verbal and written communications to customers that demonstrate an ability to accurately convey information that is technically complex with non-technical audiences as-required
- 5-7 years experience in a technical development or operations role including 8+ years working closely with Engineering teams
- Four-year Computer Science or related degree, or equivalent work experience
As a Technical Program Manager, you will live the Twilio Magic values:
WEAR THE CUSTOMER’S SHOES:
- Close partnership with Product teammates to properly understand BPMs and Epic-level objectives and decompose/ groom them into workable stories and tickets for the Engineering team
- Ability to drive resolution processes for urgent customer-impacting issues, including leading development of RFO (Reason For Outage) and related customer communications. On call support for critical incidents.
- Passionate about building products, can work directly with internal and external stakeholders to give shape to the products getting developed under consumer trust
WRITE IT DOWN:
- Translate Product Manager-led epics into workable stories, spikes and tasks for the team to make epics ready to work
- Document program/ project plans for complex cross-team initiatives and work with multiple teams both inside and outside of Consumer Trust to drive results on-schedule
DRAW THE OWL:
- Collaborate with, run sprint planning and scrum related activities for our Bangalore Engineering teams
- Contribute to the definition, development and tracking of effective metrics and R&D improvements that drive improved BU operating performance against SLAs/SLOs
- Consolidate technical operating metrics and represent Engineering teams at Product and the corporate level monthly metrics review
- Drive quality in the products we build and ensure that we consider measuring SLO/ SLI/ metric based views of quality early in the development cycle
- Prioritize and define ROI of engineering/ operability improvements in a way that is compelling and understandable to Product
Twilio's mission is to fuel the future of communications. We do that by focusing relentlessly on building the most robust, programmable, customer-centric communications platform on the planet. Twilio daily reaches more than 5 million developers globally and every month, billions of voice and video calls are made and billions of messages are exchanged using our platform. We are in the middle of an incredible transformation of communications. Both consumers and businesses are changing how they communicate using new methods that are at the same time more delightful and much more powerful. We believe communications are at the heart of trustworthy interactions between people. In a more privacy and security focused world, Twilio is committed to ensuring that we have trustworthy customers on our platform and we’re able to propagate that trust into the ecosystem. This way Twilio’s customers remain compliant and have the most engaged and relevant communications on the planet. This is a unique opportunity for a program leader to take ownership of an essential part of our strategy and help take Twilio to the next level.
This position is a Bangalore, India local position with occasional travel expected both domestically and internationally. At our offices, you will enjoy our office perks: catered meals, snacks, game room, ergonomic desks, massages, Wednesday dinners, bi-weekly All Hands and more. What you will also get to experience is a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; seeks well-rounded talent to ensure a full perspective on our customers’ experience, understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture where everyone is able to do and be the best version of themselves.
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video and email by virtualizing the world’s communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer’s toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.