Because you belong at Twilio
The Who, What, Why and Where
Twilio is growing rapidly and seeking a Senior Corporate Paralegal to be an integral part of the corporate legal team. The ideal candidate will have experience in-house as a corporate paralegal and thrive in a fast-paced environment and enjoy working with multiple functional teams. You will embrace challenges and seek to solve problems without obvious solutions with good cheer. You should be comfortable working independently and owning projects from start to finish.
Twilio is looking for a leader who lives the Twilio Magic and has a demonstrated track record of working as a paralegal. They also have:
- 6+ years of total legal experience.
- Ability to work independently and effectively in a fast-moving environment.
- An eye to detail and organization; process-oriented.
- Excellent interpersonal and communications skills.
- Corporate governance and public company experience.
- Notary certification, or willingness to become a Notary.
- Exceptional time management skills and ability to prioritize multiple projects across several functional departments.
- Courage to take initiative, address problems, and make continuous process improvements.
- Willing to work on a broad variety of legal and corporate matters
- Commitment to professionalism and personal growth and ability to scale and grow with an organization.
As a S Corporate Paralegal, you will live the Twilio Magic values:
- WRITE IT DOWN: Assist with the preparation of materials and minutes for meetings of our Board of Directors and its committees, including drafting written consents and maintaining corporate records.
- DRAW THE OWL: Provide support as needed for '34 Act filings, including 10Qs, 10Ks and proxy statements, and assist in organizing and overseeing annual stockholder meetings, as well as suggest and implement improvements to make the legal department more efficient.
- BE AN OWNER & BE BOLD: Maintain the minute books and ensure completion of the annual filing requirements for Twilio and its subsidiaries and assist in audit and tax support, as required, as well as ad hoc projects as needed..
- EMPOWER OTHERS: Support Corporate department in all things related to corporate governance, and assist in due diligence and other corporate matters in connection with potential acquisitions and strategic financings.
- NO SHENANIGANS: Ensure the consistent exercise of appropriate judgment and discretion in evaluating opportunities, conducting due diligence, and negotiating agreement terms.
The Corporate Legal team is central to Twilio's continued growth. We work closely with senior leadership and the Board of Directors in maintaining corporate records, drafting written consents, and providing support for '34 Act filings. This role is crucial to all things corporate governance and will help ensure discretion and appropriate judgement in opportunities.
Twilio is a company that is empowering the world’s developers with modern communication in order to build better applications. Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development, and your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed and we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion, and innovation and we want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio.
We employ diverse talent from all over the world and we believe great work can be done anywhere. Around the world, Twilio offers benefits and perks to support the physical, financial, and emotional well being of you and your loved ones. No matter where you are based, you will experience a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; seeks well-rounded talent to ensure a full perspective on our customers’ experience, understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture that empowers everyone to do their best work and be the best version of themselves.
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video and email by virtualizing the world’s communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer’s toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.