Because you belong at Twilio
The Who, What, Why and Where
Twilio is looking for a Principal Frontend Engineer who wants to design, develop, deploy and operate services at scale to power Twilio’s AI/ML products. You are eager to learn from the team as well as inspire your teammates with your knowledge and skills. You think about how great UI/UX heavily influences the end-user. Thinking of scale comes naturally to you. You have a keen sense of what good frontend architecture looks like.
- 3+ years experience in building UI products using frontend frameworks. Ideally significant experience with React
- 5+ years of HTML/CSS experience, including concepts like layout, specificity, cross browser compatibility, and accessibility
- 3+ years experience with browser APIs and optimizing front end performance
- Strong experience and expertise to build API products - experience with GraphQL, REST and NoSQL databases would be a great plus.
- Passionate about open source and deep understanding of the frontend engineering ecosystem
- Strong understanding and expertise on UX - you should be able to relate to a UX patterns and how best to build them
- Experience of working in distributed early-stage agile team environment
- Experience and passion for test driven development and continuous integration
- EMPOWER OTHERS: Be part of a small, high-impact and multi-talented engineering team. Show strong engagement in the team setting
- WEAR THE CUSTOMER’S SHOES: Passion for and demonstrated track record of executing product opportunities deeply grounded in customer needs
- DRAW THE OWL: Self-starter who can see the big picture and prioritize work to make the largest impact
- BE INCLUSIVE: Collaborating and brainstorming product ideas with product managers, design, data scientists and engineers
Today, Twilio powers the delivery of billions of the world’s communications. Customer conversations are one of the most informative indicators of a product and business’ health. They cover every time a customer was delighted, frustrated, buying more, closing their account, needing help, etc. But usually those conversations are trapped away in a black box, analyzed only by listening to them one by one, or with basic keyword search capabilities.
The Twilio AI team is building a platform that uses machine learning to transcribe, categorise, and extract meaning out of customer conversations so companies can evaluate every one of them and build workflows that automate actions, like prioritizing high value leads to follow up on or identifying customers likely to churn. Our goal is to help companies power more effective business processes and better customer engagement, by understanding the meaning in every conversation.
Twilio is a company that is empowering the world’s developers with modern communication in order to build better applications. Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development, and your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed and we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion, and innovation and we want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio.
We are a team that believes in remote working and remote-friendly practices, and we are distributed across three continents. This position can be located in the EU, either remote or (post-COVID) in one of Twilio's offices. What you will also get to experience is a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; that strives to balance work and home life, that understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture where everyone is able to do and be the best version of themselves. We seek people who naturally demonstrate our values, who are challenged by problems, empower others to thrive, people who can draw the owl and not be beholden to one playbook.
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video and email by virtualizing the world’s communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer’s toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.
Twilio is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, parental or pregnancy status, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status and operate in compliance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.