Because you belong at Twilio
The Who, What, Where and Why
Twilio Technical Support Engineers - Personalized are the voice of Twilio to our customers and partners; we’ll count on you to interact in a friendly and professional way. You will work with our customers’ and partners’ developers, architects and support personnel to resolve complex problems with potentially very costly and far-reaching consequences.
Twilio is looking for a Technical Support Engineer - Personalized to join the global Personalized Support Team. In addition, focus on providing friendly, professional customer service, while problem solving and demonstrating a high competency in communicating complex technical issues to both technical and non-technical audiences via phone or email mediums.
- 4+ years’ experience in a client-facing technical role, preferably in supporting REST API and ability to understand and troubleshoot issues with cloud solutions.
- Supporting customers with service level agreements (SLAs) of 3 hours or less, utilizing a ticket system such as Zendesk.
- Skilled in troubleshooting network connectivity issues, with an understanding of TCP/UDP, and basics of SSL/TLS.
- High competency in communicating complex technical issues to both technical and non-technical audiences via phone or email mediums.
- Advanced time management skills, ability to work well under pressure, and proficiency at developing workflows to increase troubleshooting efficiency while still following standard processes and procedures.
- Previous exposure or knowledge of Twilio products
- Prior telecom (Carrier, SIP, PBX) or messaging platform experience and understanding of WebRTC
A regular day in the life of a Technical Support Engineer - Personalized at Twilio would consist of working on the cases raised by various top tier customers and looking at ways to prevent future occurrences of such issues. Some examples include: examining packet capture data and engaging one of our carriers to resolve a one-way audio issue in Germany, providing advice to a customer whose web server is not responding to HTTP requests from Twilio, and calling a customer to discuss the design of a function for transferring calls between agents in a call center.
As a Technical Support Engineer - Personalized you will help customers understand the finer points of Twilio capabilities and influence them to implement best practices.
- BE AN OWNER: Use your strong technical and diplomatic skills to address customer issues and provide customer feedback to Twilio’s Product and Engineering teams.
- WEAR THE CUSTOMERS’ SHOES: Work with our customers' and partners' developers, architects, and support personnel to resolve complex problems with potentially very costly and far-reaching consequences.
- EMPOWER OTHERS: Collaborate with your teammates and the Twilio Product and Engineering teams via Slack as well as filing JIRAs to report reproducible bugs.
- DRAW THE OWL: Be ready to assist our customers when they need us. This position may require working an irregular shift, including the weekend/holidays (Shifts are subject to change based on evolving team and customer needs)
Twilio is a company that is empowering the world’s developers with modern communication in order to build better applications. We only succeed at Twilio when our customers succeed. An outstanding customer experience with both our products and our service is an integral part of why customers choose Twilio, and your role is critical in ensuring the success here.
Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development and your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed and we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We invest in time dedicated to tackling hard problems and creating your own ideas. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion and innovation and we want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio. Come join us.
We employ diverse talent from all over the world and we believe great work can be done anywhere. Around the world, Twilio offers benefits and perks to support the physical, financial, and emotional well being of you and your loved ones. No matter where you are based, you will experience a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; seeks well-rounded talent to ensure a full perspective on our customers’ experience, understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture that empowers everyone to do their best work and be the best version of themselves.
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video and email by virtualizing the world’s communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer’s toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.