Because you belong at Twilio.
The Who, What, Why and Where
Twilio is growing rapidly and seeking an passionate communicator to help drive the ongoing expansion of our regional communications function and amplify the Twilio story to a wide range of audiences from developers to the largest enterprises. The person in this role will join a growing global communications function, building thought leadership for Twilio, highlighting the astounding innovation being carried out by Twilio’s customers, and engaging audiences with compelling and relevant storylines. Reporting to the EMEA Communications Director, this position will play a pivotal role in supporting Twilio’s regional go to market strategy, and making Twilio as relevant in EMEA as it is in San Francisco.
Twilio is looking for a communications superstar who lives the Twilio Magic and has a proven track record in delivering programmes to engage and inform external audiences. They also have:
- 6+ years' technology comms experience, including working in an international communications environment; time spent in-house would be preferred
- Outstanding written skills, great verbal communication skills mixed with a real passion for communication and the value it can bring to an organisation
- Experience across media relations, social media, analyst relations and internal comms
- An understanding of the technology and business media landscape across EMEA
- The ability to think on their feet, and to digest information quickly to determine the appropriate way forward, breaking through technical jargon to deliver clear messaging
- Experience in building surveys, reports, blogs, press releases, messaging documents, social media posts, customer stories and other communications campaign content
- Experience with communications measurement tools and a passion for demonstrating the impact of communications programmes
- French or German language skills advantageous
Whether it is creating a thought leadership platform, amplifying a customer success story, collaborating with an industry partner or highlighting our latest product release, you will work with teams across the EMEA region and within the marketing organisation to drive programs that establish and build on Twilio’s relevance in key EMEA markets. No two days will be the same but you will be challenged to find the best ways to tell the Twilio story and highlight all that the company is doing to make its customers successful. Only when it is safe to do so, some travel may be required to Germany, France and the United States.
As an EMEA Communications Manager, you will live the Twilio Magic values:
- EMPOWER OTHERS: Identify, train and prepare spokespeople to speak with the press, and educate Twilions in EMEA on social media best practice. Invest in others to enable Twilio to achieve its communications goals.
- BE BOLD: Identify new ways to effectively communicate Twilio’s messaging and try different approaches to drive awareness. Manage our regional agency partners to ensure that programmes are relevant, impactful and help Twilio achieve its goals.
- DRAW THE OWL: Our EMEA comms programme is at a stage of relative infancy; there are many opportunities to define how we will be successful and how we can support the regional business, but there are a lot of foundations that have yet to be put down. This is an opportunity to use your experience to define how comms can have an impact, and to determine what tools need to be built in order to do that.
- BE AN OWNER: Sweat the details to ensure that our communications programmes are as appropriate and impactful as they can be. Help Twilions in other functions understand the value of the outcomes that communications is driving and ensure that content is leveraged across the business. Be a partner to marketing and other functions to ensure that messaging is consistent across all touch points.
- WEAR THE CUSTOMER’S SHOES: Ensure that the customer is the first consideration when evaluating strategy and content, to ensure messaging lands with maximum impact. Don’t create programmes or content just for journalists or other influencers, consider how it will be perceived by the people we really want to reach and influence.
- NO SHENANIGANS: Ensure the consistent exercise of appropriate judgment and discretion in evaluating opportunities, conducting due diligence, and negotiating agreement terms.
Twilio’s communications focus has historically been driven out of the company’s US headquarters in San Francisco. As the company expands its presence around the world, it is critical that we have folks in each region focused on the unique needs of those regions. The EMEA programme is becoming more established and this is an opportunity for someone to help accelerate its growth and ensure that it continues to evolve and support the EMEA team as it grows..
Driving awareness to a broad audience is a key element of Twilio’s marketing strategy and communications plays a pivotal role in that. Twilio has a dynamic and fast-paced culture, where continually innovating and creating new strategies for growing awareness is required. This is a small team but needs to be constantly punching above its weight and identifying new opportunities to take Twilio’s messaging to its audiences.
Twilio is empowering the world’s developers with modern communication in order to build better applications. Twilio is truly unique; we are committed to your growth, your learning, your development, and your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed and we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion, and innovation and we want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio.
This position can be located in London, Munich or Paris. Around the world, Twilio offers great benefits and perks to support the physical, financial, and emotional well being of you and your loved ones. No matter where you are based, you will experience a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; seeks well-rounded talent to ensure a full perspective on our customers’ experience, understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture that empowers everyone to do their best work and be the best version of themselves.
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video and email by virtualizing the world’s communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer’s toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.
Twilio is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, parental or pregnancy status, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status and operate in compliance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.