Because you belong at Twilio.
The Who, What, Why and Where
Twilio is growing rapidly and seeking a Solution Architect, Information Policy to be a key leader in proactively preparing for rising regulatory policies and rethinking privacy in the age of cloud applications and distributed systems. The person in this role will lead system implementation and process design in all aspects of Information Policy Management and unite stakeholders in security, privacy, legal, compliance, and more to ensure stronger discovery policies, aligned stakeholders, and automated processes - solving for the unknown unknowns. Reporting to the Director of Information Policy Management, this position is critical in helping Twilio solve challenges caused by a wave of data proliferation and fragmentation and gain control and visibility into sensitive and distributed data.
Twilio is looking for a technical leader who lives the Twilio Magic and has a demonstrated track record of delivering APIs or internal tools, or features that balance functionality, user experience, and business needs. They also have:
- 5+ years experience in building highly scalable, robust, and resilient products and platforms in a big data environment to lead our Information Policy implementation and engineering efforts.
- A scrappy, get stuff done attitude that completes high-quality projects quickly.
- Deep knowledge of privacy enhancing technologies, i.e. data anonymization or differential privacy.
- Knowledge and experience in approaches to securing user data and keeping it private.
- Up-to-date understanding with the latest architectural designs, including how architecture impacts privacy and security.
- Analytical approach to solving system issues including understanding system interdependencies and operability.
- Significant hands-on system design and coding experience in building and deploying high-tier systems at scale. Can distill complex problems and drive towards practical and creative solutions.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience required.
As a Solution Architect specializing in the Information Policy and Privacy domains, you will live the Twilio Magic values:
- WRITE IT DOWN: Create a system of record that accurately captures and maintains key PII handling characteristics at the role level in a central location and supports mapping of data flows. The system would support auditing and monitoring of both administrative and operational states.
- DRAW THE OWL: Develop new systems to increase visibility into Twilio’s data landscape as well as associated services accessing and interacting with discovered data elements.
- BE AN OWNER & BE BOLD: Be comfortable in unchartered territory as we build unique privacy technologies and grow user trust. We need your expertise and enthusiasm to make it happen.
- EMPOWER OTHERS: Interact extensively across all functional teams within Twilio and have significant exposure to our executive leadership.
- NO SHENANIGANS: Challenge the status quo with fact-based and metrics-oriented principles, minimize operational frictions and ongoing overhead by enabling teams pragmatically and being customer-obsessed.
The Information Policy Management team is central to Twilio's continued growth. We focus on building both the user-facing features and internal services that provide our user choices around their data, build trust by managing data risks, advance data privacy and security, and enable our business by unlocking revenue opportunities. We work closely with senior leadership and product teams to ensure consumer privacy and data protection through differentiated products and services, standards in engineering, policy, and transparent communications.
Twilio is a company that is empowering the world’s developers with modern communication in order to build better applications. Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development, and your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed and we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion, and innovation and we want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio.
Twilio has a distributed and remote-friendly office structure, thus the location of this position will be flexible. You will enjoy our office perks: catered meals, snacks, game room, ergonomic desks, massages, Wednesday dinners, bi-weekly All Hands and more. What you will also get to experience is a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; seeks well-rounded talent to ensure a full perspective on our customers’ experience, understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture where everyone is able to do and be the best version of themselves.
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video and email by virtualizing the world’s communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer’s toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.