Director, GTM Finance
Remote - US
Because you belong at Twilio
The Who, What, Where and Why
Twilio is rapidly expanding our global business, and is seeking a Director, GTM Finance to join our Finance team. We need a true business partner in this role - someone who will create an analytical framework to better evaluate the business, develop proactive solutions to help GTM leadership optimize revenue outcomes, and drive continued efficiencies to allow for reinvestment into more productive areas. This will be a highly visible role, helping to optimize commercial decision-making, budgeting, and reporting on core financial metrics. You will partner with GTM leadership to support their operations, own the global GTM budget, and liaise with corporate and regional finance leadership to create a consolidated picture of the corporate P&L. The role will involve business partnering, ad-hoc analysis and special projects requiring detailed modeling to drive decision-making of senior leadership.
This is a highly visible role, and the successful candidate will have a demonstrated track record in building and developing best practices in a high-growth environment. We seek someone who has:
- 10+ years of experience in a progressive financial role
- Sales Finance experience at a high-growth SaaS company
- Experience functioning across a matrixed organization, building and working with regional P&Ls, and implementing new process and planning frameworks
- Strong communication & analytical skills; experience presenting to C-level or equivalent leadership
- Deep understanding of P&L components, unit economics, commercial functions, and common SaaS metrics
- Is self-motivated with strong organizational skills
- Serves as a business partner to executives
As the Director, GTM Finance, you will:
- WRITE IT DOWN & EMPOWER OTHERS: Create and operationalize the global GTM P&L with clear rules of engagement that empower GTM leadership and drive accountability through the organization.
- DRAW THE OWL: Be a representative / voice of Finance to the GTM business unit and continuously develop efficient reporting tools to support decision-making. Provide analytical support to GTM leadership and drive ad-hoc cross-functional projects.
- BE AN OWNER & BE BOLD: Advise senior leadership on overall workforce strategy within GTM. Identify potential optimizations where particular roles and functions can be restructured or eliminated to optimize expense or improve management ratio efficiency.
- NO SHENANIGANS: Interface with the R&D Finance and Corporate Finance teams to provide clear and transparent oversight on OpEx planning while advocating for GTM budget needs.
Twilio is a complex, high-growth, and quickly evolving business. The Finance team is central to Twilio’s decision-making process and the GTM Finance team guides company investment decisions to maintain Twilio as the platform to fuel the future of communications. As the Director, GTM Finance, your ability to identify and communicate trends, opportunities and problems--and more importantly, recommend a course of action--will play a critical role in charting Twilio’s future.
Twilio is committed to your growth, your learning, your development and your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed and we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We invest in weeks dedicated to tackling hard problems and creating your own ideas. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion and innovation and we want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio. Come join us.
We employ diverse talent from all over the world and we believe great work can be done anywhere. Around the world, Twilio offers benefits and perks to support the physical, financial, and emotional well being of you and your loved ones. No matter where you are based, you will experience a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; seeks well-rounded talent to ensure a full perspective on our customers’ experience, understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture that empowers everyone to do their best work and be the best version of themselves.