Because you belong at Twilio
The Who, What, Where and Why
As a Developer Educator at Twilio, your job is to challenge and empower developers to build the future of communications. We're looking for someone who can own the experience for educational resources to help our developer customers get their jobs done as painlessly as possible. In this role, you may find yourself rewriting existing content, building a new sample application, authoring new tutorials, shepherding API reference documentation out the door, assisting with the launch of a new feature, or reviewing the work of a fellow Developer Educator or our external contributors. You understand the importance of building empathy for Twilio’s developers, and will have opportunities outside the day-to-day to learn what developers experience firsthand, whether that is co-leading a Superclass training event or supporting a hackathon.
- You're an educator at heart who loves teaching developers how to build amazing things. You have some experience producing technical documentation, either for an internal or external audience. Through writing technical blog posts, documentation, support tickets, or even READMEs you've realized the power — and challenge — of writing technical content. You’ve also felt that unique satisfaction when a developer learns something new thanks to what you wrote.
- 2+ years experience as a web developer. Developer Educators are the first to try new APIs and products. You're not afraid to roll your sleeves up to write code snippets and sample applications. Even better, you can articulate ways they can be improved to make all developers’ lives easier.
- A meticulous eye for detail: accuracy, conciseness, consistency, and relevance.
- You’re a data-informed decision maker who experiments with new ways to help our customers learn our products faster. You ask questions, capture metrics, and use the results to advise where our success stands and opportunities lie.
- You enjoy collaborating with teammates and multi-functional teams.
- Your passion for technology inspires you to explore your curiosity; you love learning new things.
- You find a fast-paced, constantly iterative environment engaging and stimulating.
- You can write proficiently in English.
As a Developer Educator, you’ll live the Twilio Magic by:
- Empower Others: Optimal educating developers is not achieved until they are empowered to take the next step. A devotion to our developer community and your partners is the key to our success.
- Ruthlessly Prioritize: Documentation improvements can feel infinite. You must prioritize and measure which of your efforts make the biggest impact to Twilio’s developer community.
- Be Bold: Learning is not one-size-fits-all. You bring new, inventive ideas to teach our customers about Twilio.
Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development, and your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed, and we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We invest in weeks dedicated to tackling hard problems and creating your own ideas. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion, and innovation, and we want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio. Come join us.
We employ diverse talent from all over the world, and we believe great work can be done anywhere. Around the world, Twilio offers benefits and perks to support the physical, financial, and emotional well being of you and your loved ones. No matter where you are based, you will experience a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; seeks well-rounded talent to ensure a full perspective on our customers’ experience, understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture that empowers everyone to do their best work and be the best version of themselves.
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video and email by virtualizing the world’s communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer’s toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.
In accordance with applicable law, the following represents Twilio's reasonable estimate of the range of possible compensation for this role if hired in Colorado. Please note that this information is provided for those hired in Colorado only, and this role is open to candidates outside of Colorado as well.
$90,752 - $124,784
Rest of Colorado:
$79,408 - $109,186
Additionally, this role is eligible to participate in Twilio's equity plan.
An overview of Twilio’s benefits offered is listed below:
Twilio is committed to delivering a comprehensive benefits program that provides support needed for you and your loved ones. It’s likely that you don’t think about benefits every day; however, they are an important component of your total compensation, and we want you to understand the options available to you so that you can make the most of your benefit dollars. At the time of this posting, this role is eligible to participate in the following benefits, which Twilio reserves the right to modify at any time for any reason in accordance with applicable law:
Healthcare Insurance and Leave
- Prescription Drug
- Flexible Spending and Health Savings Accounts
- Leave programs for all of life’s moments: maternity, parental/bonding, as well medical leave to care for yourself or a loved one
- Short and Long Term Disability Insurance
- Life and Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan with a match
Reimbursement Programs & Stipends
- $65 per month work-from-home stipend
- Up to $50 per month for wellness expenses and activities
- Up to $30 per month to use towards books/eBooks