Because you belong at Twilio
The Who, What, Where and Why
Twilio is looking for a Sales Manager to lead our France Growth and Mid Market Accounts team. This person will manage, mentor, and scale a high-performing team of full-cycle account executives, who are focused on onboarding new prospects (Growth/Mid Market) and managing existing customers (Strategic Account Executives) within France. This role will report to the Country Director for France.
- The ideal candidate is customer focused, metrics-driven, embraces a consultative sales philosophy, and is passionate about helping his/her team succeed.
- You have a track record of leading and building high-performing ‘virtual’ sales teams and understand how to lead your team to deliver more than they may think is possible.
- You are comfortable allowing your team to be Owners of their own business – this means giving them autonomy and trusting their decisions, but stepping in and coaching when needed.
- You are analytical and detail-oriented. You can collect data, synthesize it, and quickly make decisions about next steps in the sales process.
- You are able to effectively manage and prioritize a long list of projects and action items.
- You are a "people" person who learns fast and thinks on your feet. You love working with real customers, listening to them, and solving their problems.
- You’re ready to roll up your sleeves to get things done, doing whatever it takes to retain and delight a customer.
- You have experience negotiating cloud consumption model contracts
- You have experience dealing directly with Founders and Entrepreneurs
- You have knowledge in new economy use cases as well as traditional B2C engagement tools and models.
- You love talking to all types of customers about building their businesses and helping them drive innovation across many different types of use cases, centered around how they communicate with their customers.
- You have a successful track record of closing full-cycle deals and managing high-value existing customers within a platform or SaaS company.
- You are inherently curious and are comfortable selling a highly technical platform.
- You are comfortable acting as the “executive” in your reps’ deals, which entails talking at a strategic level, acting as a sponsor for both the rep and the customer, and making the hard decisions when needed.
- You have at least 4 years in Sales and at least 12 months in a management position.
- Lead a team of AEs and manage the day-to-day operations that come along with it.
- Hire and retain top diverse talent, and be focused on their success and career progression.
- Conduct weekly 1:1's with each team member, providing tactical and strategic deal guidance, training, and career development.
- Help your team build and progress pipeline, work across functions (finance, marketing, product) to execute complex deals, and lead strategic prospect and customer meetings.
- Ensure your team maintains accurate and up-to-date CRM information, and run weekly forecast calls with both your team and up to management.
- Identify and work cross functionally to resolve inefficiencies in systems and processes.
- Prioritize the Twilio customer experience and protect the Twilio Brand.
- Create and run strategic initiatives and events to expand our brand awareness within the startup community.
Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development and your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed and we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We invest in weeks dedicated to tackling hard problems and creating your own ideas. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion and innovation and we want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio. Come join us.
This position will be located in our brand-new office in Paris’s 8th arrondissement. You will enjoy our office perks: snacks, ergonomic desks, beautiful office space, lunch allowance, gym & book order reimbursement, home-office, flexibility in working hours, generous PTO, monthly All Hands and more.
What you will also get to experience is a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; seeks well-rounded talent to ensure a full perspective on our customers’ experience, understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture where everyone is able to do and be the best version of themselves. We seek people who naturally demonstrate our values.
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video and email by virtualizing the world’s communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer’s toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.
Twilio is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, political views or activity, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable local law.
Twilio is committed to supporting our disabled candidates in our job application process. If you need assistance or a change to the hiring process due to a disability, you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org