Because you belong at Twilio.
The Who, What, Why and Where
Twilio is seeking a Software Engineer (L3) to be a key contributor for our Customer Lifecycle Engineering team, where you will develop features with an eye towards testing that impact all points in the customer lifecycle. You will use the latest distributed systems programming techniques and technologies, including microservices, kubernetes, AWS cloud infrastructure, microservices and APIs. The person in this role will bring with them the ability to build and manage automated testing solutions, communicate effectively with cross-functional teams, and have a tremendous drive to hone their craft.
This individual will help extend the reach of how and where Twilio products are sold, by creating and modernizing our integrations in marketplaces such as AWS, Azure, and Google Cloud, as well as enabling our international partner channels.
Twilio is looking for a software engineer who lives the Twilio Magic and brings with them a passion for software development that empowers developers and businesses around the world.
- 5+ years of software development experience in an object oriented programming language: Golang (our core language), C++, Java, Python, Ruby
- Demonstrated success in building and maintaining reliable, robust, and performant software through the entire software lifecycle.
- Experience working with Docker and Kubernetes or similar.
- Experience with MySQL, Redis and Kafka, DynamoDB a plus
As an L3 SWE, you will live the Twilio Magic by
- BE INCLUSIVE
- Collaborating to support strong team results
- Build effective working relationships
- DON”T SETTLE
- Developing and Improve CI/CD build and deploy processes
- Develop and maintain high quality applications using Golang
- Maintain high coding standards, using best practices
- RUTHLESSLY PRIORITIZE
- Participate in scrum and agile practices
- Time and Priority management to support sprint commitments
- BE AN OWNER
- Supporting team and systems through on-call rotations
- Design and Develop solutions that are cost effective
- WRITE IT DOWN
- Document architecture and participate in architecture reviews
- Support epic and story refinement
The Customer Lifecycle team is central to Twilio's continued growth. We work closely with stakeholders and product teams to design and implement the infrastructure for all customer activities on our system. This includes everything from sign-up/sign-in to billing and account management.
Twilio is a company that is empowering the world’s developers with modern communication in order to build better applications. Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development, and your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed and we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion, and innovation and we want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio.
This position will be located in our Denver office. Around the world, Twilio offers benefits and perks to support the physical, financial, and emotional well being of you and your loved ones. No matter where you are based, you will experience a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; seeks well-rounded talent to ensure a full perspective on our customers’ experience, understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture that empowers everyone to do their best work and be the best version of themselves.
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video and email by virtualizing the world’s communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer’s toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.
In accordance with applicable law, the following represents Twilio's reasonable estimate of the range of possible compensation for this role hired in Colorado.
$109,824 - $151,008
Rest of Colorado:
$96,096 - $132,132
Additionally, this role is eligible to participate in Twilio's equity plan.
An overview of Twilio’s benefits offered is listed below:
Twilio is committed to delivering a comprehensive benefits program that provides support needed for you and your loved ones. It’s likely that you don’t think about benefits every day; however, they are an important component of your total compensation, and we want you to understand the options available to you so that you can make the most of your benefit dollars. At the time of this posting, this role is eligible to participate in the following benefits, which Twilio reserves the right to modify at any time for any reason in accordance with applicable law:
Healthcare Insurance and Leave
- Prescription Drug
- Flexible Spending and Health Savings Accounts
- Leave programs for all of life’s moments: maternity, parental/bonding, as well medical leave to care for yourself or a loved one
- Short and Long Term Disability Insurance
- Life and Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan with a match
Reimbursement Programs & Stipends
- $65 per month work-from-home stipend
- Up to $50 per month for wellness expenses and activities
- Up to $30 per month to use towards books/eBooks