Because you belong at Twilio.
The Who, What, Why and Where
Twilio is growing rapidly and seeking a Data Warehouse engineer to be a key member of the Data Warehouse team based in Denver, Colorado. You will be responsible for the design and build data integrations, ETL workflows, dimensional data models and run our data warehouse and integration infrastructure that fuels strategic business decisions across Twilio. You will partner with business users, analysts, engineers and product leaders to translate data needs into critical information that can be used to implement data integration and ETL solutions. We are looking for someone who is passionate about data, thrives in an evolving environment, brings an enthusiastic and collaborative attitude, and delights in making a difference. As a successful candidate, you must have a deep background in Data Warehouse / ETL development (or a related field). You are a self-starter, embody a growth mentality, and can collaborate across the entire Twilio organization.
Twilio is looking for an exceptional individual who lives Twilio Magic and has a proven track record in conceiving and delivering Data Warehouse solutions at company-wide scale.
- 6 +years Data Warehouse Engineering experience, including demonstrated ability in Cloud environments
- Strong Analytical and dimensional modeling background is required.
- Experience with Agile delivery method.
- Experience in designing highly available Data Warehouse architecture, including identifying and deploying appropriate replication and monitoring capabilities for operational effectiveness
- Knowledge of all phases of software development including requirements analysis, design, coding, testing, debugging, implementation, and support
- Provide technical leadership for establishing and maintaining solid, flexible Data Warehouse solutions
- Proven expertise designing and implementing ETL processes using established industry standard methodologies
- Data modeling expertise
- Experience in MPP data warehouse systems such as Snowflake, Redshift etc. or similar
- Experience in ETL (Informatica, Talend, FiveTran, or Segment among others).
- Experience with one or more NoSQL databases such as Cassandra, DynamoDB etc.
- Possess good technical and business acumen to optimally connect with engineers and business users and have a collaborative mindset and ability to work with distributed, cross-functional teams
- Experience in Hadoop distributions such as Cloudera, MapR; distributed computing environments like Spark, Presto; and modern BI tools such as Looker, Tableau is a plus
Be an owner:
- Lead the design and implementation solutions for the central data warehouse and clearly articulate technical rationale behind your design and implementation choices
- Define standards for the data warehouse, the integration/migration strategy for data, and data structure conventions
- Maintain a scalable structure for business information, understand current and emerging technologies, and align applications with business priorities and growth
- Participate in Agile/Scrum activities including planning, standups, retrospectives; Provide point of view on user stories. You will work closely with a team of Data Analysts and Data Engineers
Wear the customer's shoes:
- Partner with Enterprise data leadership, product managers, analysts and other engineers to ensure they have the right information to engage with the central data warehouse team and ensure happy customers.
- How will you listen to your customers’ challenges, identify opportunities, craft solutions, and deliver the right value at the right time
Write it down:
- Demonstrate excellent verbal and written communication - ensure that complex ideas, thoughts, and vision can be communicated simply and effectively. You are expected to thrive in a highly collaborative environment.
Draw the owl:
- You’ll forge the vision for the central data warehouse platform and how it can make an impact at Twilio. There’s no instruction book, it’s yours to write. You’ll figure it out, ship it, and iterate. You’ll invent the future, but you won’t wing it.
The Enterprise Data and Business Intelligence is a central organization within Twilio that provides data infrastructure and related services in the form of data lake, data warehouse, business intelligence and data governance etc, that supports long term growth and sustainability. Our mission is to enable fact based decision making by providing clean, governed, accurate data in scalable and easy to use systems in a timely manner. We play an integral role in shaping our business decisions that enable company’s growth and success and are the backbone of Twilio’s data driven culture.
Twilio is a company that is empowering the world’s developers with modern communication in order to build better applications. Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development, and your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed and we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion, and innovation and we want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio.
This position will be located in our Denver office. Twilio offers benefits and perks to support the physical, financial, and emotional well being of you and your loved ones. No matter where you are based, you will experience a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; seeks well-rounded talent to ensure a full perspective on our customers’ experience, understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture that empowers everyone to do their best work and be the best version of themselves.
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video and email by virtualizing the world’s communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer’s toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.