Because you belong at Twilio
The Who, What, Why and Where
Twilio is looking for a Product Operations Manager who will drive operational excellence within our R&D teams. Reporting to the Head of Product Operations, you will partner with R&D and Go-to-Market (GTM) leaders to champion operational excellence, cross-team collaboration, and an amazing customer experience.
You are someone who:
- Is a self starter: You are a doer, and some who is excited about bringing structure in ambiguous situations
- Has experience leading cross-functional projects
- Has the ability to design, manage and implement processes at scale
- Consistently takes initiative to identify and resolve issues that can improve overall efficiency and effectiveness of programs
- Has a strong understanding of Software Development Lifecycle process management and/or have a technical program management background
- Is open to learning from others, humble, willing to experiment and try new ways of working
- Is trusted: you can act as a point of contact for cross-program communication
- Ideally has 3+ years of relevant experience
- Is organized: you are skilled at blocking and tackling, managing projects end to end, protecting the teams while making sure they’re responsive to the needs of the business
As a Product Operations Manager you will live the Twilio Magic values:
- WEAR THE CUSTOMER’S SHOES: Collaborate deeply with Product, Engineering and GTM leaders on improving customer focus in execution rhythms
- BE BOLD: Drive implementation of plans and processes that increase software delivery productivity, as well as spearhead new product initiatives
- DRAW THE OWL: Refine product lifecycle stages as well as own and establish processes to help R&D teams triage customer issues
- BE AN OWNER: Work with functional stakeholders in product and engineering to define annual and quarterly objectives and continuously track them
- EMPOWER OTHERS: Collaborate with key stakeholders (legal, tax, policy, support etc) across Twilio to ensure they are aligned on objectives for the program
We have a unique culture where all of R&D operates in independent small teams that are cross-functionally staffed and given the freedom to run as fast as they can. Twilio is growing rapidly, the number of initiatives that Twilio takes on is growing, and the number of small teams is growing. This person and the team they build will enable these small teams to continue to be fast and agile in a scalable manner across Twilio. Our small teams culture is critical to our continued growth and success.
Twilio is a company that is empowering the world’s developers with modern communication in order to build better applications. Communication is at the heart of every business. The creativity of developers in embedding communications into their businesses is unbounded. As a result, Twilio’s growth is unbounded meaning we will take on bigger, broader, bolder initiatives making you and your team’s success an invaluable reason for Twilio to keep growing.
Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development and your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed and we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We invest in weeks dedicated to tackling hard problems and creating your own ideas. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion and innovation and we want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio. Come join us.
This position will be located in our beautiful office at 1801 California St. in Denver, CO. You will enjoy our incredible perks: catered meals, snacks, game room, ergonomic desks, access to our building fitness center, monthly All Hands and more.
You will also be part of a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; that strives to balance work and home life; that understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture where everyone is able to do and be the best version of themselves. We seek people who naturally demonstrate our values, who are challenged by problems, empower others to thrive, and can draw the owl and not be beholden to one playbook.
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video and email by virtualizing the world’s communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer’s toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.
Twilio is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, parental or pregnancy status, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status and operate in compliance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.