Because you belong at Twilio
The Who, What, Where and Why
Twilio is seeking an operations engineer to help us scale our phone number inventory operations globally. This role will join the team whose primary responsibilities include managing our worldwide phone number inventory. Your focus will be to manage daily functions that protect our supply chain of phone numbers, ensure Twilio customers have access to provision phone numbers, and ensure we’re delivering on our KPIs. The Product Operations team is a key part of Twilio’s Super Network, whose mission is to provide the infrastructure that catalogs, orchestrates, and delivers the world's connectivity.
As an Inventory Operations Engineer
- You are a tech- and process-savvy person who loves to build seamless operations that benefit our customers.
- You’re empathetic and love working with customers to solve their problems. You know how to use data (including intermediate SQL) to make metrics-driven decisions.
- You love learning new technology, and you have experience configuring and operating various systems and software tools.
- You're thorough, organized, and process-oriented to the extreme, and you’re able to prioritize and execute multiple projects simultaneously.
- You have a bachelor’s degree.
- You have 3+ years experience working on an operations team.
As an Inventory Operations Engineer, you will live the Twilio Magic values:
- Be Bold:
- Ensure that our supply of phone numbers meets customer demand without incurring undue inventory carrying costs.
- Work closely with internal stakeholders and customers to ensure compliance with global phone number regulations.
- Empower Others:
- Serve as a domain expert on all things related to phone numbers; ally with the Sales and Support teams to serve our customers in navigating complex questions and projects.
- Draw the Owl:
- Design and optimize new processes to ensure our customers have an excellent experience with Twilio.
- Write it Down:
- Communicates at an intermediate level through data, graphs, and visuals
- Collaborate with Twilio’s Product and Engineering teams to troubleshoot technical problems with our internal tooling and external product offerings.
On the Product Operations team, our primary goal is operating efficiently to ensure our customers have access to purchase and port phone numbers around the globe. We are focused on operational efficiency to deliver an excellent customer experience. We are a key part of Twilio’s Super Network, whose mission is to provide the infrastructure that catalogs, orchestrates, and delivers the world's connectivity.
This position will be located in our private office in the WeWork co-working space at 15 Beach Road, right in the middle of the city centre next to the iconic Raffles Hotel. You will enjoy our incredible perks: weekly team lunch, snacks, free flow of fresh fruit water, micro-roasted coffee, tea and craft beer, ergonomic desks, ping pong games, daily community events, vibrant co-working space filled with multinational companies / startups / entrepreneurs / freelancers, and more. What you will also get to experience is a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; that strives to balance work and home life, that understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture where everyone is able to do and be the best version of themselves. We seek people who naturally demonstrate our values, who are challenged by problems, empower others to thrive, people who can draw the owl and not be beholden to one playbook.
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video and email by virtualizing the world’s communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer’s toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.