Because you belong at Twilio
The Who, What, Why And Where
At Twilio, product managers are responsible for every aspect of the product. From concept to API design to go-to-market planning to revenue ownership. You will have full responsibility and autonomy to grow your products. You will lead the product requirements to build and operate real-time, highly-scalable distributed services that must operate at better than five 9s availability, all while the product grows at an exponential growth rate.
Twilio is looking for a Sr Product Manager to join the Account Security Business Unit to lead a revolutionary product for restoring trust in phone calls. You will understand the needs of our customers in the world of call spamming. You will build products to help our customers to engage with their users with confidence. Working side by side with other product managers, Business Development, UX and engineering counterparts, you will collaborate to craft and deliver on the vision, strategy, and roadmap for Branded Calls at Twilio.
Twilio is looking for a leader who lives Twilio Magic and has a demonstrated track record of Product Development.
- 5+ years in product management in a fast-paced company. You have to hustle and know how to knock down barriers to get to your objective.
- You are curious, collaborative, humble and have empathy as a key trait.
- You are a strategic thinker and thrive operating in broad scope, from conception through continuous operation of 24x7 services.
- You have solved complex problems and have the aptitude to navigate uncharted waters.
- The ability to solicit customer requirements from many - often competing - sources, prioritize, and work with engineering and design to deliver
- Great communication skills. You are happy to talk to customers and partners, and enjoy evangelizing and iterating on your product.
- Experience managing products at various stages of maturity, from legacy to greenfield
- Technically savvy and experienced with the cloud, APIs, devices and dialers is a plus.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience required.
As a Senior Product Manager, you will be doing many things including:
- Create and own your product’s overall roadmap for Branded Calls product
- Include the ability to hustle and ship fast learn fast and iterate fast
- Work with Engineering, UX, BD and PMM on delivering the product.
- Research, define and implement pricing strategies for customers and rev share for partners
- Work with BD and external partners on delivering the branding to the devices
- Define, track and report success metrics and goals for your product
Businesses - our customers - are failing to contact their users because of an abundance of spamming and scamming of phone calls. Current industry solutions of catching the spammers are not reliable and often businesses fall victim to the erroneous tagging of their phone calls as spam. Twilio is pioneering the new ways of identifying the business caller to the user and allowing them to make an educated decision whether to pick up or not. The new approach Twilio is increasing engagement rate for customers while restoring the trust in phone calls among people.
This position will be located in either a remote location in the US - or in our Bogota, Colombia office. With the latter, you will enjoy our perks: catered meals, snacks, monthly All Hands and more. What you will also get to experience is a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; that strives to balance work and home life, that understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture where everyone is able to do and be the best version of themselves. We seek people who naturally demonstrate our values, who are challenged by problems, empower others to thrive, people who can draw the owl and not be beholden to one playbook.
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video and email by virtualizing the world’s communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer’s toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.