Because you belong at Twilio.
The Who, What, Why and Where
At Twilio, our mission is to power the future of communications. We believe that communication should be at the heart of every product and customer experience. With our rapid scale we are seeking a Sr. Dir/GM to lead our Programmable Video product line, one of our fastest growing product lines. The GM owns the business success of the product. You will lead the product team, while working closely with Marketing, Sales, and Finance, among others, to set the vision, define and execute the product strategy, and fuel customer growth.
Twilio is looking for a leader who lives the Twilio Magic and has:
- A demonstrated track record running a fast growing $100MM+ SaaS business
- 15+ years of hands-on leadership experience within product management, engineering and go-to-market teams.
- 5+ years experience with products in the video, collaboration, real-time media, customer experience, or contact center space.
- Experience managing cloud based developer facing products such as API services, application deployment platforms or developer tools.
- Experience managing global teams in a high-growth technology company
- Experience building and launching complex platforms at scale and providing product direction to meet customer needs
- 5+ years of experience managing a meaningful P&L
- Highly analytical skills with the ability to translate between strategic business decisions and their quantitative implications
- Experience with meeting (and exceeding) business targets such as revenue, pipeline, growth, etc.
- Ability to make quick decisions with incomplete information based on business demands
- Detail-orientation with great organizational skills, comfortable with ambiguity and ability to distill complex issues into structured frameworks and concrete action plans
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, ability to be personable yet persistent and clearly communicate and engage with key stakeholders like executive leadership, investors, and customer C-suite executives
- Highly entrepreneurial and comfortable working in a fast-paced environment with minimal guidance
As Sr. Dir/GM, you will live the Twilio Magic values:
- BE AN OWNER & BE BOLD: Own the vision, product strategy and execution for the Video product. Be responsible for P&L for a hypergrowth product.
- WEAR THE CUSTOMER’S SHOES & DRAW THE OWL: Collaborate with customers to define new platform capabilities and solutions
- WRITE IT DOWN: Collaborate with internal stakeholders (sales, marketing, support, finance, engineering, etc.) to identify accurate go-to-market strategies which include product plans and pricing frameworks
- BE INCLUSIVE: Build diverse teams and seek out unique points of view to deliver products that reflect the global population and make communication more inclusive for all
- EMPOWER OTHERS: Promote a positive work environment; select and train new team members; continuously provide feedback, mentoring, and coaching to existing team members.
We have only seen the tip of the iceberg when it comes to Video engagement. We don't know what the future will look like but it will be built by developers on a platform like Twilio Programmable Video. This is a rare opportunity to lead a talented team who will be part of defining the future of communications.
Twilio is a company that is empowering the world’s developers with modern communication in order to build better applications. Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development, and your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed and we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion, and innovation and we want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio.
This position can be Remote, US. No matter where you are based, you will experience a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; seeks well-rounded talent to ensure a full perspective on our customers’ experience, understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture that empowers everyone to do their best work and be the best version of themselves.
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video and email by virtualizing the world’s communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer’s toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.
In accordance with applicable law, the following represents Twilio's reasonable estimate of the range of possible compensation for this role if hired in Colorado.
$194,752 - $267,784
Rest of Colorado:
$182,580 - $251,047
Additionally, this role is eligible to participate in Twilio's equity plan.
An overview of Twilio’s benefits offered is listed below:
Twilio is committed to delivering a comprehensive benefits program that provides support needed for you and your loved ones. It’s likely that you don’t think about benefits every day; however, they are an important component of your total compensation, and we want you to understand the options available to you so that you can make the most of your benefit dollars. At the time of this posting, this role is eligible to participate in the following benefits, which Twilio reserves the right to modify at any time for any reason in accordance with applicable law:
Healthcare Insurance and Leave
- Prescription Drug
- Flexible Spending and Health Savings Accounts
- Leave programs for all of life’s moments: maternity, parental/bonding, as well medical leave to care for yourself or a loved one
- Short and Long Term Disability Insurance
- Life and Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan with a match
Reimbursement Programs & Stipends
- $65 per month work-from-home stipend
- Up to $50 per month for wellness expenses and activities
- Up to $30 per month to use towards books/eBooks