Because you belong at Twilio.
The Who, What, Why and Where
At Twilio, our mission is to power the future of communications. We believe that communication should be at the heart of every product and customer experience. With our rapid scale we are seeking a Senior Director, Product Management to lead our Programmable Voice product line, one of our largest product lines. The Senior Director, Product Management owns the business success of the product. You will lead the product team, while working closely with Marketing, Sales, and Finance, among others, to fuel customer growth, new customer acquisition and launch new products to unlock new markets.
Twilio is looking for a leader who lives the Twilio Magic and has:
- A demonstrated track record running a fast growing $100MM+ SaaS business
- 15+ years of hands-on leadership experience within product management, engineering and go-to-market teams.
- 5+ years experience with products in the real-time media, telecommunications, corporate telecom, contact center or unified communications space
- Experience managing cloud based developer facing products such as API services, application deployment platforms or developer tools.
- Experience managing global teams in a high-growth technology company
- Proven experience building and launching complex platforms at scale and providing product direction to meet customer needs
- 5+ years of experience managing a meaningful P&L
- Highly analytical skills with the ability to translate between strategic business decisions and their quantitative implications
- Experience with meeting (and exceeding) business targets such as revenue, pipeline, growth, etc.
- Ability to make quick decisions with incomplete information based on business demands
- Detail-orientation with great organizational skills, comfortable with ambiguity and ability to distill complex issues into structured frameworks and concrete action plans
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, ability to be personable yet persistent
- Highly entrepreneurial and comfortable working in a fast-paced environment with minimal guidance
As Senior Director, Product Management, you will live the Twilio Magic values:
- BE AN OWNER & BE BOLD: Own product roadmap that delivers products and features that will help drive revenue growth. Responsible for P&L for significant portion of the company's revenue
- WEAR THE CUSTOMER’S SHOES & DRAW THE OWL: Collaborate with customers to define new platform capabilities and solutions
- WRITE IT DOWN: Collaborate with internal stakeholders (sales, marketing, support, finance, engineering, etc.) to identify accurate go-to-market strategies which include product plans and pricing frameworks
- BE INCLUSIVE: Build diverse teams and seek out unique points of view to deliver products that reflect the global population and make communication more inclusive for all
- EMPOWER OTHERS: Promote a positive work environment; select and train new team members; continuously provide feedback, mentoring, and coaching to existing team members.
The Programmable Voice platform reaches more than 2 million global developers daily and every month billions of voice calls are made on our platform. We are in the middle of an incredible transformation of communications. Both consumers and businesses are changing how they communicate using new methods that are at the same time more delightful and much more powerful. Twilio is at the center of this, and the Programmable Voice team is writing the script for how we drive that transformation.
Twilio is a company that is empowering the world’s developers with modern communication in order to build better applications. Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development, and your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed and we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion, and innovation and we want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio.
This position will be located in our Denver or San Francisco office. Around the world, Twilio offers benefits and perks to support the physical, financial, and emotional well being of you and your loved ones. No matter where you are based, you will experience a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; seeks well-rounded talent to ensure a full perspective on our customers’ experience, understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture that empowers everyone to do their best work and be the best version of themselves.
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video and email by virtualizing the world’s communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer’s toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.