Because you belong at Twilio.
The Who, What, Why and Where
Twilio is growing rapidly and seeking an experienced Program Manager to manage our Quote to Cash (QTC) program for the Go To Market organization. This role is ideal for someone with experience in quote to cash, and has a strong understanding of a best in class quote to cash process. You enjoy being a subject matter expert and own end to end processes, and take initiative to understand all areas of business impact. You will work cross functionally across the organization to meet corporate goals and identify opportunities for continuous improvement. You will lead & design actionable plans & targets, and coordinate with various teams to execute on these plans. Using data to drive decision making, measure success, and ruthless prioritization will be critical to the role. You value and exemplify strong communication skills and are comfortable presenting progress to various audiences (executive team members, stakeholders, etc.).
Twilio is looking for a leader with quote to cash experience who lives the Twilio Magic and has a demonstrated track record. They also have:
- 8+ years experience in Sales Operations, Program/Project management, Strategic or Business Operations
- 3+ years experience with commercial CRM and ERP systems, including Salesforce.com (admin level capabilities/certified)
- 3+ years of experience related to CPQ, CLM, and Order management systems
- Strong analytical skills (Tableau, Excel, Salesforce Einstein)
- Track record of successfully partnering with cross-functional teams, driving alignment, and building consensus across shared roadmaps
- Excellent interpersonal skills; ability to articulate verbally and written,
- Expert knowledge of standard processes in quote to cash, ability to drive standardization and process efficiencies.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience required.
- Prior experience with Apttus CLM, CPQ (Apttus, Steelbrick)
As a Program Manager, Quote to Cash, you will live the Twilio Magic values:
- WRITE IT DOWN: Design and Define processes and policies that will provide structure for Twilio’s QTC process well into the future
- BE AN OWNER Lead in defining a roadmap, adhering to it, and ruthlessly prioritize.
- WEAR THE CUSTOMER’S SHOES: Design solutions that benefit our sales team to sell efficiently, and also improve internal to Twilio processes
- BE BOLD: Think big on what we need to do to meet our company goals & build a best in class QTC engine. Be proactive with identifying risks/gaps and bring creative ideas to the table to solve for them
The Sales Efficiency team is crucial for the success and scalability of our Go To Market organization and its supporting teams. We are the custodians of the systems, processes, and data that power the day-to-day interactions across the sales organization. We help execute strategic initiatives in the Go To Market organization by implementing processes and building tooling.
We are here to grow and learn together. This is a great opportunity for you to collaborate alongside our solution and technical experts, deeply engage with stakeholders from business units across the company, and be in the front seat of defining good scalable processes for the company and paving the path to get there.
Twilio is a company that is empowering the world’s developers with modern communication in order to build better applications. Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development, and your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed and we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion, and innovation and we want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio.
This position will be located in our 375 Beale Street San Francisco office. Around the world, Twilio offers benefits and perks to support the physical, financial, and emotional well being of you and your loved ones. No matter where you are based, you will experience a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; seeks well-rounded talent to ensure a full perspective on our customers’ experience, understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture that empowers everyone to do their best work and be the best version of themselves.
The Corporate Development team is central to Twilio's continued growth. We work closely with senior leadership and product teams to guide company strategy. We lead all aspects of identifying, evaluating, and executing M&A transactions that drive inorganic growth and have a significant impact on the overall direction of the company.
Twilio is a company that is empowering the world’s developers with modern communication in order to build better applications. Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development, and your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed and we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We invest in weeks dedicated to tackling hard problems and creating your own ideas. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion, and innovation and we want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio.
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video and email by virtualizing the world’s communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer’s toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.