Because you belong at Twilio
The Who, What, Why and Where
Twilio is looking for a Compliance Program Manager to join our Customer Trust team. If you’re someone who is passionate about executing strategy, working cross-functionally and navigating the complexities around compliance, we’d love to hear from you! We’re looking for a strong communicator to both technical and non-technical audiences. Your role is critical in working with a customer-facing teams to support customers in their compliance efforts.
Twilio is looking for a Compliance Program Manager who lives the Twilio Magic and has a demonstrated track record of leading cross-functional projects or operations. They also have:
- You have exemplary verbal and written communication; able to communicate across all levels of an organization, as well as customers
- You have previous experience working on compliance and technology projects.
- You anticipate risks, explore contingencies, and provide effective escalation management.
- You pride yourself on your adaptability, and thrive in a fast-changing environment.
- You are a leader that’s driven by helping the teams you support do their best work.
- Experienced in best practices of project management in an Agile environment.
- Ideally 5-10 years of relevant experience.
As the Compliance Program Manager, you will live the Twilio Magic Values:
BE AN OWNER:
- Lead and manage the execution of the phone numbers compliance strategy
- Own customer-facing communications around compliance, ensuring that they are clear, informative and timely.
- Communicate clearly and effectively with stakeholders on status and critical issues on an ongoing basis.
WEAR THE CUSTOMER’S SHOES:
- Capture qualitative and quantitative feedback from a representative customer population via the partnership with the CSM team.
- Analyse current processes and tools to identify opportunities to improve efficiency, ease of use, and clarity of information for end users.
- Build broad stakeholder consensus on how to best serve customers and approach problem solving related to compliance.
DRAW THE OWL:
- Lead meetings with customer-facing teams responsible for working with customers through their compliance challenges.
- Contribute to the definition, development and tracking of effective metrics around compliance.
- Collaborate with Twilio’s product to help create and scale our offering and make customers wildly successful.
- Drive strategic cross-functional alignment conversations and decisions by closely partnering with product, operations, legal and support.
- Escalate urgent issues appropriately and drive them to closure in a timely manner.
- Able to block and tackle, run things to ground, and protect the teams while making sure they’re responsive to the needs of the business.
Twilio's mission is to fuel the future of communications. We do that by focusing relentlessly on building the most robust, programmable, customer-centric communications platform on the planet. Twilio daily reaches more than 5 million developers globally and every month, billions of voice and video calls are made and billions of messages are exchanged using our platform. We are in the middle of an incredible transformation of communications. Both consumers and businesses are changing how they communicate using new methods that are at the same time more delightful and much more powerful. We believe communications are at the heart of trustworthy interactions between people. In a more privacy and security focused world, Twilio is committed to ensuring that we have trustworthy customers on our platform and we’re able to propagate that trust into the ecosystem. This way Twilio’s customers remain compliant and have the most engaged and relevant communications on the planet. This is a unique opportunity for a program leader to take ownership of an essential part of our strategy and help take Twilio to the next level.
This position is a remote position (work from home) with at least 10% travel expected both domestically and internationally. When visiting our offices, you will enjoy our office perks: catered meals, snacks, game room, ergonomic desks, massages, Wednesday dinners, bi-weekly All Hands and more. What you will also get to experience is a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; seeks well-rounded talent to ensure a full perspective on our customers’ experience, understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture where everyone is able to do and be the best version of themselves.
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video and email by virtualizing the world’s communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer’s toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.