Because you belong at Twilio
The Who, What, Why, and Where
At Twilio, our mission is to power the future of communications. We believe that communication should be at the heart of every product and customer experience. Excellent communications leads to excellent digital engagement throughout a customer’s journey. This includes any verification and authentication steps a customer has to take. This includes adding user sign-up, sign-in, and access control to web and mobile apps quickly and easily. As a result, we are always innovating and launching products and services that provide businesses with the best in class customer identity systems powered in parallel by the best in class communications platform. We are looking for a Senior Director of Product Management for our Account Security BU. The ideal candidate has experience leading global product teams in developing, innovating and launching multiple products and features. You are comfortable partnering with engineering on roadmap development, articulating the story internally and externally, shaping a long-term product strategy and vision, and driving adoption and execution.
More specifically, we are looking for candidates with the following skills and experience:
- 10+ years of Product Management experience, leading products from development to launch.
- Experience driving product excellence across business lines.
- Experience managing multiple PMs and multiple product lines.
- Experience communicating and presenting to different levels in the organization including executive teams.
- Experience with managing and working with a rapidly growing P+L of over $100M.
- You are experienced and comfortable working at the technical level, understanding APIs, designing APIs, and data.
- You are a problem solver, have an analytical mindset and have experience collaborating across teams to solve complex business challenges.
- You are detail-oriented with great organizational skills and comfort with ambiguity.
- You have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- You have a Bachelors/Masters degree or equivalent experience.
- Experience managing products/ services in the customer identity, fraud, user protection space preferred but not required.
As a Senior Product Leader, you will:
- DRAW THE OWL: Own the roadmap, product strategy, and release cadence for the Account Security BU’s customer identity, verification and authentication platform.
- WEAR THE CUSTOMER’S SHOES: Be the voice of our customers in every conversation and decision, drive the vision and strategy for the future and ensure we build world class products that our customers love and value
- EMPOWER OTHERS: Build and mentor the product team that defines the next generation of verification and authentication products for enterprises across the globe
- RUTHLESSLY PRIORITIZE: Get your hands dirty and have a get-it-done mentality
- DON’T SETTLE: Align executives, communicate the roadmap, convince peers, coordinate dependencies and remove obstacles for your team along the way
- BE BOLD: Develop and evangelize, internally and externally, industry-leading customer service experiences
- BE INCLUSIVE: Build diverse teams and seek out unique points of view to deliver products that reflect the global population and make communication more inclusive for all
The Account Security products by Twilio are used by millions of consumers and are integrated into thousands of large and small businesses, increasing the trust of their applications and interactions with consumers. In a world where data breaches and leaked information is rampant, Twilio’s Account Security products are at the forefront of enabling seamless security with customer experience. We need to understand the requirements of application developers and IT leaders to bring a high quality, secure and easy to use solution for their users. To do this we will need to continue to launch new products and support existing ones. You will get to own these products from both a technical and business perspective.
Twilio is a company that is empowering the world’s developers with modern communication in order to build better applications. The Account Security team plays an integral role in taking on the market to offer a safer gateway into our beloved applications and protecting our personal data. Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development and your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed and we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We invest in weeks dedicated to tackling hard problems and creating your own ideas. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion and innovation and we want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio. Come join us.
This position can be located remotely anywhere in the US. Around the world, Twilio offers benefits and perks to support the physical, financial, and emotional well being of you and your loved ones. No matter where you are based, you will experience a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; seeks well-rounded talent to ensure a full perspective on our customers’ experience, understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture that empowers everyone to do their best work and be the best version of themselves.
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video and email by virtualizing the world’s communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer’s toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.