Because you belong at Twilio
The Who, What, Where and Why
Twilio is growing rapidly and seeking a Data Security Governance Manager to develop and implement Twilio’s data security practices to satisfy internal and external requirements. Twilio has a responsibility to safeguard internal company and employee data. In addition, Twilio’s ability to secure data and access to it is an important factor in enabling customers to meet their data-related obligations. This role reports into the Security Risk & Trust team.
Twilio is looking for a leader who lives the Twilio Magic and has the necessary expertise to build Twilio’s Data Security Governance organization into an industry leading practice. They also have:
- 5+ years experience implementing Data Security Governance strategies and technologies; 3+ years experience as a Manager leading a Data Security team in a complex software delivery or telecommunications company is highly preferred.
- Experience with driving the vision, priorities and plans for security programs.
- Experience creating requirements for technical solutions to enable a consistent level of data security across Twilio and performing gap assessments against those requirements
- Experience leveraging data catalog/inventory, data governance controls, data flow mapping, and data flow controls to run a data security program.
- Functional knowledge of common data security legal and regulatory requirements and ability to identify actionable and scalable solutions to gaps identified. Led multiple major cross-organizational initiatives to implement / maintain such requirements.
As a Data Security Governance Manager, you will live the Twilio Magic values:
- DRAW THE OWL: Implement and oversee data security strategy to ensure we’re meeting our customers’ high expectations and all applicable laws and regulatory requirements.
- RUTHLESSLY PRIORITIZE: Define, scope and drive ongoing data security governance and data classification initiatives to ensure adherence across our fast-growing organization
- BE AN OWNER: Define the short- and long-term goals and roadmaps for data security governance to meet Twilio’s goals and objectives
- WRITE IT DOWN: Develop standards and best practices around data security at Twilio.
- NO SHENANIGANS: Define efficient and effective data security controls that meet the needs of multiple business, regulatory, and security stakeholders and work with data owners, data custodians, and engineering teams to drive successful implementation
- DON’T SETTLE: Leverage automation to monitor & audit compliance with data security governance requirements.
- EMPOWER OTHERS: Build, manage, and mentor a high-performing team of data security governance professionals.
Data Security Governance is growing in importance as we transmit and store sensitive information. Implementing centralized data security governance is imperative to ensure protection of the data our customers entrust to Twilio.
Twilio is a company that is empowering the world’s developers with modern communication in order to build better applications. Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development and your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed and we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We invest in weeks dedicated to tackling hard problems and creating your own ideas. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion and innovation and we want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio.
We employ diverse talent from all over the world and we believe great work can be done anywhere. Around the world, Twilio offers benefits and perks to support the physical, financial, and emotional well being of you and your loved ones. No matter where you are based, you will experience a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; seeks well-rounded talent to ensure a full perspective on our customers’ experience, understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture that empowers everyone to do their best work and be the best version of themselves.
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video and email by virtualizing the world’s communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer’s toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.