Because you belong at Twilio
The Who, What, Where and Why
Twilio is building out our Super Network Operations Center, or SNOC. This team is part of Twilio’s Super Network business unit, the cross-functional team responsible for the software, hardware, commercial relationships, and operations necessary to run our global network of carrier partners. The SNOC team is responsible for monitoring the performance of our carrier partner network and troubleshooting carrier-related issues across both Voice and SMS. The SNOC works tirelessly to ensure that our carrier partner network provides the high quality and high performance that Twilio’s customers expect.
You have at least 2 years of expertise in either Voice or SMS and you are eager and willing to learn the other technology. You are calm under pressure as you respond to alerts and efficiently troubleshoot network incidents. You know how to work effectively with internal teams and carrier partners to address and resolve issues. You know how to communicate incidents efficiently to a wide variety of audiences.
More specifically, we seek someone with the following background:
- Knowledge in at least in one of the following communication technologies:
- Voice (VoIP, SIP/RTP, G.711/G.729)
- SMS (MMS, SMPP, SS7)
- Knowledge in IP Network troubleshooting
- 2 years experience working in a network operations center and/or in an analytical/routing role for a network operator or telecommunication provider
- Knowledge with big data-analysis (Kibana, Looker) and system monitoring tools (DataDog)
Further, you should be someone who is:
- A clear verbal and written communicator
- Empathetic and customer centric to the core
- Thorough, organized, and process-oriented to the extreme
- Committed to continuous improvement
- Capable of learning quickly and mastering every aspect of complicated systems
- Data- and metrics-driven
- Capable of working independently
Although not prerequisites for the role, the following are “nice-to-haves”:
- Strong computer science and/or data management background
- Basic understanding of and comfort with software development, including programming experience
- Fluency in additional spoken languages
- RUTHLESSLY PRIORITIZE: Respond to system alerts indicating network performance issues - investigate and troubleshoot problems, perform technical changes on our side, and/or work with carrier partners to resolve issues. Respond to incoming carrier notifications such as maintenance or service degradation notices
- BE AN OWNER: Own incidents and incident communication with carrier partners and internal stakeholders. Manage, record, and track incidents and create internal and/or customer-facing reports
- WEAR THE CUSTOMER'S SHOES: Understand the impact of incidents for our customers. Conduct regular operational meetings with your counterparts at our carrier partners to resolve ongoing issues quickly and to proactively prevent future problems
- DRAW THE OWL: Make process improvements and create documentation to ensure peak performance of the operation
- DON'T SETTLE: Identify requirements for tools necessary to automate and streamline operational processes
Twilio’s mission is to fuel the future of communications, and the mission of the global SNOC team is to ensure that our carrier partner network is delivering on our promise of seamless Voice and SMS communications around the world. As a member of this team, you will be critical to the success of our mission as Twilio expands its SMS and Voice product offerings. Our customers need to be able to trust that Twilio’s Super Network is up and running 24x7.
Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development and your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed and we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We invest in weeks dedicated to tackling hard problems and creating your own ideas. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion and innovation and we want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio. Come join us.
This position will be located in our beautiful office at 9 Straits View Marina One West Tower. You will enjoy our incredible perks: catered meals, snacks and drinks, ergonomic desks and regular team events and activities along with regular company and regional All Hands and more.
You will also be part of a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; that strives to balance work and home life; that understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture where everyone is able to do and be the best version of themselves. We seek people who naturally demonstrate our values, who are challenged by problems, empower others to thrive, and can draw the owl and not be beholden to one playbook.
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video and email by virtualizing the world’s communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer's toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.