Because you belong at Twilio
The Who, What, Why and Where
We’re looking for a Senior Director of Web to join the Twilio Brand leadership team and drive the company’s digital presence, web technology, and marketing strategy. You’ll report to the Head of Brand, from anywhere Twilio has an office.
You’ll build a team of leaders who contribute to the strategic vision of our digital properties. You’ll coach managers across Engineering, Product, and Design disciplines who manage strategic programs ranging from infrastructure & automation, to design systems, to content strategy, and product management across teams. You believe that building great things starts with building a diverse team.
You’ll define the strategy for how our digital presence drives the company’s Go to Market efforts forward. You’ll partner with heads of Sales, Marketing, and R&D business units to drive top of funnel interest and conversion.
You’ll build a center of product and digital excellence in Marketing for digital strategy, defining scalable & prioritized systems and processes that empower the hundreds of people internally at Twilio that depend on our web platforms to give them publishing and analytical superpowers. You’re excited by the idea of turning world-class experiences into business outcomes.
We’re looking for a senior leader who lives the Twilio Magic and has:
- 12+ years experience in platform-oriented developer & technical marketing
- 15+ years experience in product and engineering management
- Managed a multi-disciplinary web team of 20 people or more
- 7+ years experience managing Product & Engineering Directors in cross-functional product and user facing teams
- 7+ years experience driving international expansion strategy on digital properties, aligning Sales, Marketing, and Product functions
- Experience owning revenue and driving business outcomes across product and sales
- You’re a developer. We believe a developer is anyone who solves problems with code. You’re excited by developer brands that solve hard engineering problems.
As the Senior Director of Web, you’ll live the Twilio Magic by:
- Empowering and building the team that drives the strategy and builds the modern web platform the business relies on
- Building process that enables the team to ruthlessly prioritize strategic impact
- Getting up every morning to wear our customer’s shoes and bringing an owner’s mindset to building a well-oiled machine that drives revenue and unlocks the company’s potential
We believe that code is creative. Twilio occupies a pretty magical place at the intersection of human communication and building. We’ve built a web team of technologists who believe that the work they do can help inspire the next generation of creativity & innovation. You’re a seasoned executive who understands how to drive global Go to Market strategy around the digital experiences we build.
Twilio is a company that is empowering the world’s developers with modern communication in order to build better applications. Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development, and your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed and we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We invest in weeks dedicated to tackling hard problems and creating your own ideas. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion, and innovation and we want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio.
We employ diverse talent from all over the world and we believe great work can be done anywhere. Around the world, Twilio offers benefits and perks to support the physical, financial, and emotional well being of you and your loved ones. No matter where you are based, you will experience a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; seeks well-rounded talent to ensure a full perspective on our customers’ experience, understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture that empowers everyone to do their best work and be the best version of themselves.
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video and email by virtualizing the world’s communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer’s toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.