Manager, Technical Support
Because you belong at Twilio.
The Who, What, Why and Where
We are looking for a Manager to oversee one of the Twilio Customer Support Email teams. In this role, you’ll help us scale and grow to deliver an extraordinary customer experience for Twilio customers. We are looking for a people-person who’s passionate about delighting customers, coaching and developing staff, and helping us improve processes and procedures. This role joins a fast-growing team of 5 managers of the Customer Support Email team, Reporting to the Sr. Director of Customer Support, this position is critical in supporting Twilio continuing growth.
Twilio is looking for someone who lives the Twilio Magic and has a demonstrated track record of leadership and consistently strong performance. They also have:
- 3+ years experience in a customer-facing technical support or related management role in a web-based software or SaaS company.
- Strong communication skills (both verbal and written), especially in a technical environment.
- Solid analytical skills – Not afraid to roll up your sleeves and dive into the data, and comfort with tools/processes needed for data-driven decision-making.
- Demonstrated Results - Must have experience effectively leading a customer support team, consistently delivering at or above established KPIs.
- Technical skills – High comfort level with and exposure to SaaS or communications technology. Prior technical support engineering experience a plus.
- Situational Awareness - Must possess a high degree of emotional intelligence. Understand and adapt to the audience with whom you’re interacting, including your team, customers, and executives.
- Persuasive - Bring others to their point of view using logic, data, and emotion. Have a formal process and framework by which to make qualitative and quantitative points, not just using emotional appeals.
- Collaborative - A keen ability to support cross-functional projects and decisions. Gets energized from working within a team and cross-functionally to achieve the company's goals
As a Senior Support Manager, you will live the Twilio Magic values:
- WEAR THE CUSTOMER’s SHOES: Hands-on involvement resolving escalations via email, phone and chat, handling complex customer inquiries.
- WRITE IT DOWN: Set challenging team and individual goals, manage to key success metrics like customer satisfaction and response time SLAs.
- DRAW THE OWL: Iterate and improve upon best-in-class customer service experiences, processes and policies. Maintain a mindset of continuous improvement, refining incident response time over phone, chat and email, improving the way the support team utilizes all support tools and features.
- BE AN OWNER & BE BOLD: Create a scalable workflow for escalations and product tracking.
- EMPOWER OTHERS: Support and maintain high morale among the team.
- NO SHENANIGANS: Oversee the day-to-day operations of a scaling customer support team(s); responsible for hiring, scheduling, formal training, informal coaching, career development and performance management.
This role is central to the delivering on Support’s mission to provide an unparalleled experience answering customers’ questions, resolving customer issues, and empowering customers to build amazing applications.
Twilio is a company that is empowering the world’s developers with modern communication in order to build better applications. Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development, and your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed and we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion, and innovation and we want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio.
This position will be located in our office at 1801 California Street in Denver, Colorado. You will enjoy our office perks: catered meals, snacks, game room, ergonomic desks, All Hands and more. What you will also get to experience is a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; seeks well-rounded talent to ensure a full perspective on our customers’ experience, understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture where everyone is able to do and be the best version of themselves.
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video and email by virtualizing the world’s communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer’s toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.