Because you belong at Twilio.
The Who, What, Why and Where
The Senior Vice President of Sales will lead the growth and execution of Twilio’s North American sales organization, fueling Twilio’s revenue growth as it scales beyond $1B. The SVP of Sales will be responsible for meeting and exceeding sales and revenue targets, with responsibility for all new business and account expansion and regional P&L. This position offers a unique and exciting opportunity to scale a sales force that leverages the power of Twilio’s next generation business model focused on everything from expanding inbound interest from developers to continuing to develop our go-to-market narrative into the C-Suite of F500 and their respective lines of business. This position will also work closely with the Twilio Executive Leadership Team to further shape and develop Twilio’s overall growth and revenue-generation strategies.
This position will report to the Chief Revenue Officer.
- Our ideal candidate is an energetic, proactive team player who has a GM approach to simultaneously partner with exec leadership and work hands-on alongside our front line team.
- 15+ years experience building, leading and scaling high-performance sales teams that deliver overachievement.
- High career trajectory and potential.
- Consistent overachievement in previous performance and results.
- Develop and implement revenue growth strategies.
- Lead a high performance revenue organization of inside sales, field sales, and SE teams. Directly lead inside and field sales. Build a team of top talent and deliver productivity that consistently exceeds standards and objectives.
- Full ownership of our NAMER revenue target and P&L. Drive revenue growth through a combination of our developer first inbound funnel, velocity based inside sales, strategic account planning, cross selling new products/use cases to existing customers and targeted new customers including G2K.
- Working with our customer success team, drive adoption and reduce/eliminate customer churn.
- Build a solid operating cadence and team/individual focus around the pipeline, forecasting, deal review, sales execution, deployment, and revenue realization.
- Leverage our successful playbooks and enhance the vertical-based markets in the U.S.
- Recruit and hire top talent providing career development and performance management so that at least 75% exceed quota and we experience no more than 10% regrettable attrition.
- Lead effort to continually improve the skills of your team through proactive efforts with our talent and enablement teams.
- Represent the region to all other Twilio departments and stakeholders providing regular updates on market and customer requirements around our execution, products, services, and operations.
- Provide transparent and consistent management input on the status of the business, results, and quality of our combined execution.
- Solid technical and commercial skills with an ability to operate independently when necessary.
- Cultural awareness to assess situations where language, culture and or demographics impact the environment.
- Willingness to travel
This position will be located in our San Francisco office. Around the world, Twilio offers benefits and perks to support the physical, financial, and emotional well being of you and your loved ones. No matter where you are based, you will experience a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; seeks well-rounded talent to ensure a full perspective on our customers’ experience, understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture that empowers everyone to do their best work and be the best version of themselves.
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video and email by virtualizing the world’s communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer’s toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.