About the job:
Twilio's VP of Sales for North America will be responsible for building and leading the Twilio sales go to market in the U.S. You will set and execute a regional plan to drive business in priority countries and be responsible for directly leading new business, account management, and systems engineering functions while setting the direction for sales development, marketing, and all other NAMER based Twilio GTM functions as the local sales leader.
- Our ideal candidate is an energetic, proactive team player who can simultaneously partner with exec leadership and work hands on alongside our front line team.
- 10+ years experience building and leading high-performance sales teams that deliver overachievement.
- High career trajectory and potential.
- Consistent overachievement in previous performance and results.
- Lead, as a GM, a high performance revenue organization of inside sales, field sales, and SE teams. Directly lead inside and field sales. Build a team of top talent and deliver productivity that consistently exceeds standards and objectives.
- Drive NAMER revenue growth through a combination of our developer first inbound funnel, velocity based inside sales, strategic account planning, cross selling new products/use cases to existing customers and targeted new customers including G2K.
- Working with our customers success team, drive adoption and reduce/eliminate customer churn
- Build a solid operating cadence and team/individual focus around the pipeline, forecasting, deal review, sales execution, deployment, and revenue realization.
- Apply value-based solution selling techniques and develop a culture of consultative sales to move away from price driven commodity sales.
- Leverage our successful playbooks and enhance the individual markets in the U.S.
- Recruit and hire top talent providing career development and performance management so that at least 75% exceed quota and we experience no more than 10% regrettable attrition.
- Represent the region to all other Twilio departments providing regular updates on market and customer requirements around our execution, products, services, and operations.
- Provide transparent and consistent management input on the status of the business, results, and quality of our combined execution.
- Solid technical and commercial skills with an ability to operate independently when necessary.
- Cultural awareness to assess situations where language, culture and or demographics impact the environment.
- Possess well-developed communication and presentation skills; able to communicate at the CxO level.
- Willingness to travel.
This position will be located in our San Francisco office at 101 Spear Street, San Francisco, California. You will enjoy our office perks: catered meals, snacks, ergonomic desks, monthly All Hands and more. What you will also get to experience is a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; seeks well-rounded talent to ensure a full perspective on our customers’ experience, understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture where everyone is able to do and be the best version of themselves.
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video and email by virtualizing the world’s communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer’s toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.