Because you belong at Twilio.
The Who, What, Why and Where
Twilio seeks a Senior Technical Product Manager to be a key leader in defining a new product offering at Twilio in the customer relationship management space. The person in this role will be critical in shaping Twilio’s data and intelligence strategy, which will empower our customers to create highly personalized communications and experiences for their contacts. This person will be responsible for identifying key customer problems that are currently being solved within Business Units (BU) - and work with those teams toward a cohesive Engagement Platform that hides BU seams. This person will collaborate with PMs, designers and engineers on their team, coordinate with product and tech leads on adjacent Twilio products, and represent the voice of the customer in cross-Twilio communications.
Twilio is looking for candidates who live the Twilio Magic and have a demonstrated track record of identifying and executing product opportunities deeply grounded in customer needs. You have:
- 5+ years experience in product management
- Experience working on cross-team initiatives and across multiple scrum teams
- Experience working on international product initiatives
- Fluent in performing both qualitative and quantitative customer research
- Strong structured problem solving and analytical skills
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Has the technical ability to understand software, APIs, areas of product integration
- Can document integrations, product roadmaps, and engage with design, engineering and PMM leads
- Technically savvy and experienced with API-first products, communications, enterprise software.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience required, MS/MBA a plus
- Customer engagement, support or marketing automation software experience a plus
- Proficient understanding of machine learning. Comfortable collaborating with MLEs and data scientists a plus
As a Senior Technical Product Manager, you will live the Twilio Magic values:
- WEAR THE CUSTOMER’S SHOES: Talk with customers and listen to their problems. Talk to cross-BU teams and understand the problems they’ve heard from customers.
- WRITE IT DOWN: Create clear, written documentation of the problems you seek to solve (and associated risks). Collaborate with other BU PMs to finesse your documentation. Present those plans to your team, BU leads and leadership.
- RUTHLESSLY PRIORITIZE & DRAW THE OWL: Ruthlessly prioritize the incremental path to solving customer problems, delivering concrete customer value at each stage. Work closely with customer design partners to deliver experiences they love and value.
- BE AN OWNER & BE BOLD: Think creatively about the unique advantages of Twilio’s communication breadth and scale. We have vast amounts of engagement data across our business units - but it is not yet centralized or utilized. This team will help shape the future of Twilio.
- EMPOWER OTHERS: Collaborate extensively with other PMs, other functional teams and BUs within Twilio on their initiatives. Be an advocate and coach for other PMs. Help engineering teams focus on what is needed to create a great product experience. Facilitate quarterly planning, execute sprints in agile/scrum, manage the backlog and sprint prioritization. Collaborate with GTM teams on product launches (marketing, support, sales enablement), and dev experience teams on documentation.
- OTHER: Some monthly travel required to collaborate with engineering teams in San Francisco and occasionally Bangalore.
Today, Twilio powers the delivery of billions of the world’s communications. Increasingly, we’re hearing from our B2C customers that they’re struggling to harness the massive amounts of valuable data they generate, much of which stems from the communications we help them send. We seek to uncover how Twilio can help customers utilize their valuable data to create unique, individualized experiences that their competitors can’t replicate. We want to help them become more proactive (outcome-driven) than reactive (event-driven) in their customer engagements. We are a new initiative and team at Twilio that will function much like an internal start-up. If you want to shape the future of B2C Customer Engagement and Twilio, this project is for you!
Twilio is a company that is empowering the world’s developers with modern communication in order to build better applications. Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development, and your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed and we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion, and innovation and we want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio.
We employ diverse talent from all over the world and we believe great work can be done anywhere. Around the world, Twilio offers benefits and perks to support the physical, financial, and emotional well being of you and your loved ones. No matter where you are based, you will experience a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; seeks well-rounded talent to ensure a full perspective on our customers’ experience, understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture that empowers everyone to do their best work and be the best version of themselves.
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video and email by virtualizing the world’s communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer’s toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.