Because you belong at Twilio
The Who, What, Where and Why
Twilio is looking for a passionate servant leader to support & expand our team of seasoned deliverability experts servicing Twilio SendGrid’s largest customers. This leader values an exceptional customer experience and long-lasting customer trust. They care deeply about compliance and the safeguarding of our customers, brand, and platform. Reporting to the Director of Professional Services Delivery, this leader is also a team builder and business owner who thinks creatively about how to make the deliverability team more impactful as we scale.
Most importantly, the Delivery Manager ensures our customers & consultants are happy and engaged as they build relationships that last.
This leader lives the Twilio Magic and has a demonstrated track record of leading teams. They also have:
- 7+ years of experience in an email-related SaaS business or professional services, expertise in deliverability consulting preferred.
- Experience managing the delivery of over $3M/yr in a recurring revenue or professional services business.
- Experience building a happy, cohesive team spirit and the ability to inspire and recruit top talent.
- 4+ years experience in large scale email operations (sender, ESP, or receiver) or SMS services. Omni channel experience is a plus.
- Proven ability to get to the heart of customer needs quickly, and to earn/restore trust rapidly.
- An understanding of the technical aspects of email, including FBLs, DNS, DKIM, SPF, DMARC, TLS and other core infrastructure.
- Knowledge of global and regional data collection and handling requirements from both a legislative (CAN-SPAM, GDPR etc.) and receiver (Gmail, Microsoft etc.) perspective.
- 3+ years experience designing or developing deliverability reporting using large-scale analytics systems (e.g. Hadoop, Snowflake, MySQL). Excel skills also required.
- Ability to travel up to 25% or possibly more at peak times
A Delivery Manager lives the Twilio Magic values:
- EMPOWER OTHERS: Recruits and discerns top quality talent. Grows a diverse and engaged team.
- WEAR THE CUSTOMER’S SHOES: Builds trust with Customers quickly and always thinks with the customer in mind. Coaches the team on how to create great business outcomes for customers. Effectively manages field escalations.
- BE AN OWNER: Tracks the overall health of the deliverability business, including revenue, renewals, CSAT, churn, team utilization, and account health.
- BE BOLD: Creates a vision for what the Deliverability team can achieve, then delivers against that vision.
- BE INCLUSIVE: Builds a collaborative working environment where a diverse set of voices are empowered. Thinks broadly about what the company needs and is an effective collaborator with sales, product, support, and engineering teams.
- WRITE IT DOWN: Leads their team in the creation of a BPM. Writes effective reports on trends, challenges, blockers, risks, and opportunities affecting the practice.
- DRAW THE OWL: Thinks critically about what the team offers and how it executes. Proposes and implements changes to systems and processes to help the team be successful.
Twilio is a company that is empowering the world’s developers with modern communication in order to build better applications. Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development, and your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed and we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion, and innovation and we want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio.
We employ diverse talent from all over the world and we believe great work can be done anywhere. Around the world, Twilio offers benefits and perks to support the physical, financial, and emotional well being of you and your loved ones. No matter where you are based, you will experience a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; seeks well-rounded talent to ensure a full perspective on our customers’ experience, understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture that empowers everyone to do their best work and be the best version of themselves.
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video and email by virtualizing the world’s communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer’s toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.