The Who, What, Why and Where
We are looking for a Commercial Contracts Specialist to join our growing legal team. You will manage a large volume of outbound contracts and work closely with Twilio’s Procurement Team as well as other key business units to guide procurement contracts through review, negotiation and signing. This contracts specialist will also coordinate with internal teams on process and policy improvements, developing, maintaining and distributing reports and dashboards, reviewing purchase orders, and negotiating business and contract terms.
You are a talented and creative contracts administrator and negotiator who lives the Twilio Magic and is passionate about working on sophisticated contracts and closing deals. This job is for you if you enjoy and thrive in a fast-paced environment, and work well with cross functional business colleagues. You must be client-service oriented, attentive to detail, and possess excellent judgment. We are also looking for someone eager to be a contributing member of a fun, supportive and high functioning team.They also have:
- 4+ years of experience negotiating, managing and/or administering technology related business and commercial contracts.
- Ability to structure, draft and negotiate a high volume and broad range of procurement contracts, including licensing, marketing, professional services and NDAs with vendors, contracts for IT systems, services, events, carriers and more.
- Proven ability to provide entrepreneurial, quick-thinking, pragmatic, business-oriented advice and to properly balance risks and business reward with a dedication to superior client service.
- Outstanding communication skills, both written and verbal, and ability to advocate for a position while maintaining a collaborative and open-minded approach.
- Ability to appropriately triage a heavy workflow of both reviewing purchase orders and business requestors’ requirements, and negotiating related vendor agreements. You’ll be setting appropriate priorities with clients and delivering results efficiently.
- Experience with Coupa, DocuSign and JIRA is a plus.
As the Contracts Specialist for Procurement, you will live the Twilio Magic values:
- WRITE IT DOWN: You will draft, negotiate, structure and close vendor-facing matters. To this end you will help build out centralized resources, reports, dashboards, processes, and documentation.
- DRAW THE OWL: You will support the Procurement team on new templates, fall back positions, standardization and training. This will require deep thinking, collaboration and preparing new templates and negotiation strategies.
- BE AN OWNER & BE BOLD: You will train and advise contract specialists on the Legal Team on the preparation, negotiation and execution of form-based agreements.
- EMPOWER OTHERS: You will create best practices, streamlined dashboards, reports, processes and templates for your client groups to help support a rapidly growing business.
- NO SHENANIGANS: You will advise Twilio’s internal clients on contract interpretation and negotiation, and will provide training of your client groups. You will champion Twilio’s mission, ethics and integrity and make sure agreements we enter into are consistent with Twilio’s values and governance processes.
Twilio’s legal team prides itself on the trust it has built across the business through consistently providing practical and sound legal advice. Your unique skill set and experience are critical to help support our thriving and growing business and reinforce the trust and partnership we have cultivated with teams across the company.
Twilio is a company that is empowering the world’s developers with modern communication in order to build better applications. Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development and your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed and we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion and innovation and we want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio.
We employ diverse talent from all over the world and we believe great work can be done anywhere. Around the world, Twilio offers benefits and perks to support the physical, financial, and emotional well being of you and your loved ones. No matter where you are based, you will experience a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; seeks well-rounded talent to ensure a full perspective on our customers’ experience, understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture that empowers everyone to do their best work and be the best version of themselves.
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video and email by virtualizing the world’s communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer’s toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.