Because you belong at Twilio
The Who, What, Why and Where
Twilio is growing rapidly and seeking a Technical Program Manager (TPM) for Consumer Trust who is passionate about program management, technical operations and upholding the complexities of a scaling Fraud team. Risk Platform builds trust by building products, services and tools that detect and prevent fraud and abuse as well as implementing appropriate profile and use case vetting of new customers and stopping bad actors. We require a fast-thinking team-player able to wrangle complexity across both multiple teams and systems. This role will lead Risk Platform’s program/ project management, technical operations, and incident responses. This is a new role for Risk Platform and presents an opportunity for the right candidate to build out a first class program management and operations process exemplar that Risk Platform and Twilio apart in how we protect a quality SaaS offering.
Twilio is looking for a TPM who lives the Twilio Magic and has a demonstrated track record of leading technical projects or operations. They also have:
- Background in SaaS Development or operations in a distributed systems environment
- Excellent Problem Solving and Trouble Shooting skills
- Knowledge of Agile methodologies, especially for cross-team and projects with a high degree of complexity
- Ability to handle multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to effectively communicate across all levels of the organization from engineers to executives
- Ability to create logical views of project sequence and dependency to orchestrate work across multiple teams and track global view of program risks/ issues/ dependencies
- Skill in delivering verbal and written communications to customers that demonstrate an ability to accurately convey information and a sensitivity to the customer’s experience
- 5-8 years experience in a technical development or operations role with 3+ years managing technical operations or supporting an enterprise level platform
- Four-year Computer Science or related degree, or equivalent work experience
As a Technical Program Manager, you will live the Twilio Magic values:
WEAR THE CUSTOMER’S SHOES:
- Coordinate the response and recovery activities for P1 and P2 customer-impacting issues, including leading development of RFO (Reason For Outage) and related customer communications. On call support for P1 incidents.
- Collaborate with centralized Platform SRE and Incident response teams as we evolve and standardize our processes
- Collaborate with centralized Crisis Management to guide Consumer Trust BCP/DR definition, planning, and exercises.
WRITE IT DOWN:
- Document program/ project plans for complex cross-team initiatives and work with multiple teams both inside and outside of Consumer Trust to drive results on-schedule
- Facilitate all P1 and P2 post-mortems, documenting root cause analysis and tracking of resolution of identified fixes and betterments.
DRAW THE OWL:
- Contribute to the definition, development and tracking of effective metrics and R&D improvements that drive improved BU operating performance against SLAs/SLOs
- Consolidate technical operating metrics and lead a regular technical operations review at the BU level. Represent the BU at the corporate level monthly metrics review.
- Drive ownership and standard operating procedures for the many, configurable anti-fraud systems that we operate within Risk Platform; create processes that ensure quality and data-driven decisions in all rule and anti-fraud system configuration
- Gather data from BU teams, industry best practices, and SRE team to lead the definition and adoption of standard monitoring and operability metrics that improve observability and response for issues and incidents for the BU
- Prioritize and define ROI of operability improvements in a way that is compelling and understandable to Product
Twilio's mission is to fuel the future of communications. We do that by focusing relentlessly on building the most robust, programmable, customer-centric communications platform on the planet. Twilio daily reaches more than 5 million developers globally and every month, billions of voice and video calls are made and billions of messages are exchanged using our platform. We are in the middle of an incredible transformation of communications. Both consumers and businesses are changing how they communicate using new methods that are at the same time more delightful and much more powerful. We believe communications are at the heart of trustworthy interactions between people. In a more privacy and security focused world, Twilio is committed to ensuring that we have trustworthy customers on our platform and we’re able to propagate that trust into the ecosystem. This way Twilio’s customers remain compliant and have the most engaged and relevant communications on the planet. This is a unique opportunity for a program leader to take ownership of an essential part of our strategy and help take Twilio to the next level.
This position is a remote position (work from home) with at least 25% travel expected both domestically and internationally. When visiting our offices, you will enjoy our office perks: catered meals, snacks, game room, ergonomic desks, massages, Wednesday dinners, bi-weekly All Hands and more. What you will also get to experience is a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; seeks well-rounded talent to ensure a full perspective on our customers’ experience, understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture where everyone is able to do and be the best version of themselves.
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video and email by virtualizing the world’s communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer’s toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.