Because you belong at Twilio.
The Who, What, Why and Where
Twilio is growing rapidly and seeking a Principal Software Engineer to be a key member of the team that is building the Connectors component of our Customer Data Platform, which is responsible for integrating third-party customer data with various systems within Twilio. The person in this role will use their extensive software development experience to guide team members to create robust and scalable services capable of integrating and transforming massive amounts of customer data.
Twilio is looking for a leader who lives the Twilio Magic and has a demonstrated track record of solving complex problems with resilient architectural solutions. They also have:
- A minimum of 9 years of experience creating highly robust, available, and scalable distributed systems.
- Strong expertise in anticipating and troubleshooting complex production issues.
- Extensive programming experience in more than one modern programming language.
- Experience working with public cloud platforms such as AWS.
- Experience creating RESTful APIs in front of a variety of services.
- Experience with SQL/NoSQL databases and caches.
- Experience using stream-processing services such as Kafka or Kinesis.
- Experience mentoring junior and senior engineers to the next level.
- At least a bachelor's degree in computer science or a related field or equivalent experience.
As a Principal Engineer, you will live the Twilio Magic values:
- DON’T SETTLE: Lead by example of expecting the best from yourself and others around you.
- DRAW THE OWL: Create innovative solutions to complex problems, working inside and outside of your immediate team.
- BE AN OWNER: Build and operate your team’s services.
- EMPOWER OTHERS: Inspire your team members to take ownership of various pieces of your system.
- WRITE IT DOWN: Create novel technical solutions and write them down in documents that bridge product requirements and implementation.
The Twilio Connectors team is building a new product to integrate third-party customer data with various systems within Twilio, in order to accurately power all of their communications and drive successful business outcomes. This is an exciting time to join the team as we are in the early phase of development and working to define architecture, technologies, and tools.
Twilio is a company that is empowering the world’s developers with modern communication in order to build better applications. Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development, and your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed and we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion, and innovation and we want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio.
This position will be located in our Redwood City office. Around the world, Twilio offers benefits and perks to support the physical, financial, and emotional well being of you and your loved ones. No matter where you are based, you will experience a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; seeks well-rounded talent to ensure a full perspective on our customers’ experience, understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture that empowers everyone to do their best work and be the best version of themselves.
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video and email by virtualizing the world’s communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer’s toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.