Because you belong at Twilio
The Who, What, Why and Where
Twilio’s Risk Platform team is looking for a curious and action-oriented analyst with a passion for protecting consumers from fraudulent communications. The ideal candidate is comfortable navigating complex problems, determining the right data to focus on and able to derive insights and recommendations based on data. This role interacts with stakeholders throughout the organization in helping inform product, risk, and operations strategy.
Twilio is looking for an outstanding, energetic, and curious Analyst who lives the Twilio Magic. They also have:
- 3+ years of professional experience doing quantitative analysis, building dashboards and reports, working with business partners to convert ambiguous, messy data into tangible and actionable results that influence anti-fraud decisions in a fast paced industry.
- Ability to think strategically and initiate, refine, and complete projects with minimal guidance in an often ambiguous environment.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Expert level experience working with SQL and relational data (3+ years on a regular basis). Experience with unstructured data is a plus.
- Experience with data visualization. Experience with Tableau and Looker (LookML) is preferred.
- Demonstrated ability in building reports, metrics, dashboards, etc. for analytics projects related to data preparation processes such as data extraction, cleansing, mapping, loading and operationalizing workflows in production.
- Experience in telephony, email, messaging, social media, or other electronic communications is a plus.
- Experience in fraud / abuse prevention and investigation is a plus.
- Experience or familiarity with data warehousing and/or ETL processes, and distributed computing (Hive/Presto) is a plus
- Experience in python (e.g. pandas, numpy, scikit-learn) or R for data manipulation and analysis, including predictive analytics, regression, hypothesis testing, and causal analysis is a plus.
As a Risk Analyst, you will be a thought partner with the product team, solving fraud-related problems and bringing impact by applying your expertise in quantitative analysis, technical systems, and leadership in analytics to enable and scale up analytics programs within the organization. Example responsibilities include:
- Work with product managers to inject data into decision making and planning to increase confidence in anti-fraud outcomes via defining KPI, designing and building reports, dashboards, and assisting with feature ideas for data science teams building predictive models.
- Work closely with the extended fraud operations team to identify current fraud trends, provide insights into fraud issue-priority from aggregated data and dashboards, and generally serve as a data-partner to operations teams.
- Communicate anti-fraud insights and recommendations to stakeholders at all levels via standardizing and maintaining metrics, models, datasets, and dashboards.
You will live the Twilio Magic values:
- Draw the Owl and Be Bold: Proactively find improvement areas, develop solutions, drive execution and deliver value.
- Wear the Customer’s Shoes: Be a true partner, understand real questions behind requests and solve the problem with the proper methods and superior execution..
- Be An owner and Write It Down: Own the data from tracking to anti-fraud and overall business impact. Document knowledge to enable other analysts. Develop and document processes to ensure transparency and compliance..
- Be Inclusive: Partner with business stakeholders and embedded analysts across disparate teams to help think through and plan the right solution for their problems.
- Empower Others: Help create a data-driven culture within Twilio by enabling the teams to be self-sufficient and rely on a single source of truth.
The Risk Platform team is the centralized fraud product, operations, and analytics team that provides leadership and analytics platforms to enable a strong, data-driven anti-fraud program at Twilio. Our Risk Platform team is expanding our risk analyst leaders to ensure that we have strong, data-backed signals from which to drive our anti-fraud program. Insights built on our fraud operations and risk analytics teams will fuel a substantial portion of our Risk Platform product roadmap.
Twilio is a company that is empowering the world’s developers with modern communication in order to build better applications. Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development, and your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed and we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion, and innovation and we want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio.
This position will be located in our beautiful office at Veerenni 38 in Tallinn. You will enjoy our incredible perks: monthly breakfast, twice a week lunch, twice a month dinner and a fully-stocked kitchen with a variety of snacks and beverages. We have many team building events weekly, monthly and celebrate annual summer days.
You will also be part of a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; that strives to balance work and home life; that understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture where everyone is able to do and be the best version of themselves. We seek people who naturally demonstrate our values, who are challenged by problems, empower others to thrive, and can draw the owl and not be beholden to one playbook.
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video and email by virtualizing the world’s communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer’s toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.
Twilio is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, parental or pregnancy status, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.